Which one of you was picketing Toledo convention this weekend? :)

by wordlywife 5 Replies latest jw friends

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

I didn't see the person, but my husband told me about it. :)

Glad this weekend is over, I can't believe people WANT to go to these things and ENJOY them. It was torture for me, but then I'm worldly. I doubt I'll ever go again.

More of the same, always. Brother Pierce from the GB gave the last talk.

Worldly wife

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Worldlywife, please tell me what caused you to be there.

I sometimes think I will go to a meeting or assembly just to reassure myself its all crapola, but then I never manage to find the time...

It must have been torture for you.

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

My husband of just over 3 years is JW. We have baby and I didn't want to be away from her for the weekend.

I try to support him and not be judgemental about his beliefs, but it is hard now with a baby involved. The pregnancy was not lanned and things have now changed dramatically. My feelngs about the WTBTS have now taken on new meaning. It was different when it was just my husband going, as I raise my other children in my beliefs, which respect everyone and are vasty different from Witness beliefs. Now it is totally different, and I get sick to my stomach about it all, literally.

Worldly wife.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

OMG, you poor thing. So you have just been dragged into this by asociation?

I really feel for you. Of course you couldnt leave your daughter, and it makes sense that you are around to see what influences are being placed on her, rather than just leaving it to him. At least that way you know what you are dealing with. If you werent even there you wouldnt know what was being said and done to her.

I think children have a very sophisticated way of sorting beliefs out when they are shown more than one system of beliefs. I think my ex-husband is trying to turn my daughter into a catholic because his new wifes family are catholic, but she has been very good at picking out what she believes, and rejecting what she doesnt. She is 7, so I realise its different to a baby, but two sets of grandparents teach her Jehovahs Witnessism, and another set of grandparents teach her catholicism. She has a great belief system, that I respect, which she has chosen from all her influences, and which pleases no-one inparticular (especially not me!). I respect her beliefs but I dont agree with them.

I am sure you will find the level you feel comfortable with when your daughter gets older. Dont worry, as long as she has you, she wont get brainwashed by anyone.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Worldly wife

How is your step daughter? I may have missed the outcone of the problems with the elders. Hope she is okay.

Forgive me if I've got your story confused.

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

Jaffacake-

My step-daughter has been disfellowshipped. I take ride in the fact that she e-mails me to tell me how she really feels about things/life. She has a boyfriend, too (who is studying, and won't be good enough for anyone, probably).

I haven't heard from her in a week or so. She stoped by to visit when her Dad wasn't home, and he didn't like that at all. Why, I'm not sure. What would she do, stumble me? I'm not even JW. I'm worldly to the core! :)

WW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit