Service Meeting week of August 28, 2005

by TheListener 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Song 45 A Prayer of Misgiving

10 min: Local announcements. Demand publishers turn in field service reports for August. Using the suggestions on page 8 (if inappropriate for your territory), demonstrate how to prevent the September 1 Watchtower and the September 8 Awake! In one of the presentations, demonstrate making a return visit on a magazine-route call, (remember, it’s not a person, it’s a “magazine-route call.”)

18 min: "A Witness Without Intelligible Words."* Invite selected publishers to comment on how our relentless self-praise about observing the fine conduct of God's people helped them become servants of Jehovah.

20 min: Never Feature the Bible on Initial Calls. Endless Talk resulting in audience depression. Review suggestions in the September 2004 Our Kingdom Ministry, page 4, paragraph 2, syllable 3, line 2a for directing attention away from God's Word on initial calls. Demonstrate how one or two of the suggested presentations could be used with the old book we’re tying to get rid of by making it the offer for September. Suggestions in the January 2005 Our Kingdom Ministry insert for presenting the offer may also be disgusting and deranged as time permits.

Song 71 Drop Fast the Good News! and concluding prayer.

*Limit introductory comments to less than a month, and follow with a question-and-answer farce.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    *Limit introductory comments to less than a minute,

did this ever happen in your hall?

• thom
    thom

---"*Limit introductory comments to less than a minute,
    did this ever happen in your hall?"---

We had a PO that would ALWAYS tell me that he needed extra time for his service meeting part and I should make mine as short as possible. Happened everytime we both had parts on the same meeting. He would just drone on and on about his time at Bethel and preaching in Bulgaria.
    I finally just started using all my time and he usually got mad. Too bad.
    He'd also require that whoever had announcements call him before the meeting to ask if he had anything to add. Sometimes I couldn't catch him home and he had no voice mail, then when he'd get to the meeting he'd very sarcastically let me know that I didn't call him.
    I don't miss that one bit.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Defd,

Do not be so negative, It is not a trap. AT LEAST we are using the bible at the door, thats good, isn't it?

But at the door is one of the FEW times the bible is used. I always look at it as the typical bait and switch type of scam. I know..........the word scam might be harsh because a JW at the door is sincere in what they believe just as I was. Once the person is interested, more emphasis is placed on "WT doctrine" and "WT rules" (beliefs unique to JW's) than the bible itself.

Some years back, certain meat packing companies would advertise a very low price per pound if you bought an entire side of beef for the freezer. Only problem was, when you went there to buy it, they showed you this very low quality product that one would never want to buy. Then they showed you the "better" stuff that was priced as high if not higher than most super markets. Many who "bought" realized sometime later that they were fooled, and they became angry........never to be taken advantage of again.

The WT Society does the same sort of thing. Once you take interest in the initial ad and "bite", then you are slowly given other information and "sold" something entirely different. The bible is slowly taken out of the picture except for selected scriptures. Many who "bought" realized sometime later that they were fooled, and they became angry........never to be taken advantage of again.

HD

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    AT LEAST we are using the bible at the door, thats good, isn't it?

Absolutely marvellous. THEN if anyone requests a Bible Study, the Bible is discarded and a WTBTS book is 'studied' occassionally using the Bible as support, where appropriate.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Do not be so negative, It is not a trap. AT LEAST we are using the bible at the door, thats good, isn't it?

I'm sorry if i sounded so negative, defd. It's true they are using the bible at the door when they aren't featuring the literature. However, I have too agree emphatically with the other posters here that the bible takes a rear seat to the literature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit