Monthy Awake Update

by ezekiel3 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Announced at Service Meetings this week:

There has been clarification about how the Awake! monthly circulation will be handled. After 2006, the Awake! will be published 1 time monthly, from current semi-monthly production. The magazine will still contain articles "of general interest" but also focus on "Bible topics."

(The latest Awake! September 22 contains articles on the cattle egret, Bolivian cyrstals, garlic and gold mining with only two token scriptures cited for these 11 pages.)

JWs are instructed to place the one Awake! all month long with the semi-monthly Watchtower.

The announcment emphasizes that this does not diminish the need for magazine routes, however JWs are encouraged to start studies from their mag routes.

JWs are instructed to evaluate their magazine order by September 26, 2005 to make sure it is a "realistic order", and make sure they have enough copies of Awake! for each month.

There is a specific note that it is still permissible to use old Awake! magazines in field service.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

IMO the WTS is tactically reducing production while betting that revenue does not decrease.

Bad move, even in the business world.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Anyone know what the current printing numbers are for the WT and Awake. Have they gone down since the end of mail order?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I can hear it now

JW: We are offering the WT with its companion the Awake! for a small donation to cover the cost of the printing.

HH: Well I already gave you money for that Awake! 2 weeks ago. Why should I take that when I already have it? JW: Well then maybe I can offer you this 3 yr old Awake! instead

shivers. that came off my fingers way too fast

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

JW: We are calling with this magazine the WT which has articles to build our knowledge of the Bible.

HH: And the other magazine?

JW: That's the Awake!

HH: What's that about?

JW: It discusses "bible topics".

HH: So what's the difference?

• Neo
    Neo

Here's a thread with some analysis about the move to a monthly magazine:

WTS Official Spin on monthly Awake: 'More emphasis on the Bible!'

Thanks, Zek!

Neo

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Good to hear from you Neo, we've missed you.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

JW: We are calling with this magazine the WT which has articles to build our knowledge of the Bible.

HH: And the other magazine?

JW: That's the Awake!

HH: What's that about?

JW: It discusses "bible topics".

HH: So what's the difference?

hahahaha lmfco!

bethel minute yo

• Neo
    Neo
    Good to hear from you Neo, we've missed you.

Hi ezekiel3! And I've missed JWD!

Neo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit