What does it take to start a website/blog?

by logansrun 8 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

Okay, so I'm a luddite. I also am a lazy slob at the moment and know some of you uber-cool cyberbrains out there could give me some info on starting a website or blog. How much does it cost? How does one actually go about starting one? Do I need to call up Mr. Internet or something?

B.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Luddite? Pencil and notepad.

Blogs are just websites with reams of the author's text on it. You don't have to PAY for the priveledge. I am no luddite, but I am frugal.

www.angelfire.com Free. For the technically astute, but they do a good job of walking you through the steps.

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ Websites for dummies. Free. Say "no" to the plus features.

Oh, by the way, all free blogs support advertising.

• Valis
  • Odrade
    Odrade

LMAO! Valis, you embedded the blogger page, and since I am signed in, I thought for a split second you had somehow accessed my personal account. Imagine my shock at thinking my personal details were up on JWD for 20,000 people to see!
    heehee.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I second Blogger, it's the only way to go and it's the easiest.

• Valis
    Valis
    LMAO! Valis, you embedded the blogger page, and since I am signed in, I thought for a split second you had somehow accessed my personal account. Imagine my shock at thinking my personal details were up on JWD for 20,000 people to see!

heehee.

I am also standing behind you...

• logansrun
    logansrun

Thank you. I'll look into the freebie blog thingy and you all can track my life on a daily basis.

Now for my next question: How do I please a woman?

B.

• Valis
    Valis
    How do I please a woman?

Don't sass, shag her rotten, and buy her bling bling when you can afford...simple..

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Personally, after seeing many people vomit their feelings and frustrations on the internet, I'm pretty much anti-BLAAAUUGH

If you wanna use free webspace, I suggest Angelfire. You get more space than Geocities, and you can use FTP to quickly update without dealing with the shitty web browser. With Geocities, you have to pay for that feature.

How do I please a woman?

Lot of foreplay before sex.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit