The Island

by Pleasuredome 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

has anyone seen this new film and symbolically compared it to the JWs?

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

If you mean because is was a shit movie yes it is comparable to the JW media standards, symbolically comparisons could be drawn.

It was more Orwellian than anything. Keep em busy, keep em stupid, no questions asked, no problem.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i didn't want to see it, but then i actually liked it, because i saw so many parallels to the JW life. "paradise earth", "follow the rules", and always having the feeling there's something wrong about it.

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

Exept people actually 'did' go to the Island

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

that's the generation change. they thought' they'd go to the island.. but then...

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
  • tijkmo
    tijkmo

yes i saw it and saw the comparisons..which made it more interesting..not that it wasnt an interesting premise in the first place...

but then it went on and on

and on and on

and on some more

as if justa couple hours of ewan mcgregor singular isnt enough

but overall i enjoyed it

but it was too long

and having seen it i dont feel the need to see it again

then again it was quite long

tijkmo..of the did i mention it was too long class

• luna2
    luna2
    tijkmo..of the did i mention it was too long class

LMAO! I actually kind of liked it...I don't remember thinking it was too long, but I did get very tired of some of the chase scenes. I have a friend who adores Ewan McGreagor, so I think I was focusing on him to try to better understand her facination.

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

Yeah the constant cries of RUN was wearing thin with me. And when did it suddenly go from capture to kill?

Scarlett rocks IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit