More on JW Morales Serial Rapist from OC Register

by bluesapphire 2 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

The Orange County Register
    · Story appeared in the Local section· on page Cover · ID: 30926593· Illustration: · Edition: 1· Correction:
    Serial rapist faces victims in cour
    October 18, 2000
    Byline: GREG HARDESTY
    Credit:
    Tearful victims stared down a serial rapist at his sentencing Tuesday, describing how his vicious attacks ripped apart their young lives.
    ``You took something from me I wasn't ready to give away,'' said Christina D., who was 13 when she was raped in Huntington Beach, along with her 16-year-old sister, by Steven Morales, 33.
    Before the married father of two young children was sentenced to 101 years to life in state prison, he apologized to the seven victims as his wife, Cynthia, looked on from the gallery in the Santa Ana courtroom.
    ``I am sorry for the physical or mental trauma I caused you,'' Morales said. ``I have no excuse and offer none.'' The self-employed construction worker will be eligible for parole when he is 118.
    Many victims expressed disbelief that a father could commit such crimes. ``How can you live with the fact that you have a little daughter?'' one victim, ``Jane Doe,'' asked Morales.
    Several told Morales to look at them when they spoke. He complied, listening intently.
    Morales attacked six teens and a 46-year-old woman in Brea, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Seal Beach and Tustin between June 1998 and January 1999. A database that includes DNA evidence led to his arrest.
    Morales, a former Chino Hills resident and Jehovah's Witness, admitted to four counts of rape, six counts of sexual assault and one count of burglary.
    Although most victims and their family members lashed out at Morales, ``Jane Doe'' was more forgiving.
    ``I don't hate you, because hate doesn't create love,'' she said. ``We're all survivors. We're not going to be victims the rest of our lives. ...
    ``Can you just look at my face for a second? I forgive you. And I want you to forgive yourself.''
    [email protected]
    Call: (714) 834-3773

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Interesting how "Jane Doe" talks like a good person and forgives Steve and tells him to forgive himself ... yet the whole family of JW's were at the courtroom passing out tracts! Pathetic!

• Winston
    Winston

Thanks for the posting bluesapphire.

It makes me mad and sad together.

These poor victims I feel Jane Doe is a very very smart and good person.

To say I forgive you to that persons face will do more good for her than we can realize.

I'm very proud of her.

The Never Ending Search For Truth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit