HUMAN CLONING TO BEGIN SOON...WHY?

by Utopian Reformist 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Forgive me if any of the following questions are too fundamental, I am curious how the illuminati would respond:

1. If an individual provides personal DNA and finances a personal clone, are both humans legally related?

2. Once cloned, are there any legal entitlements to the clone's wages, profits, inventions, etc?

3. If your orientation/conscience and health allowed, could you marry your own clone? Should you?

4. Who names the clone?

• JanH
    JanH

The clone can be considered either the child or the twin of the "original".

Nature sometime provides clones. They are called identical twins. A clone is no more the "original" person than a twin is his brother. They are two different persons.

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The Devil´s Dictionary, 1911]

• logical
    logical

I think the WTS are secretly behind cloning projects (why they ned the money) and they are gonna try and kick start Armageddon with all their clones. The Jedi Apostates will defeat them though and the most powerful Jedi Apostate will turn to the dark side and join them, but he will restore balance to the force and destroy his master to save his son.

• Seeker
    Seeker

JanH is right. Human cloning isn't going to "begin" soon, it's been happening forever. Every identical twin is a clone. They live among us already, and it's no big deal.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I meant laboratory engineered clones of existing humans.

• JanH
    JanH

UP,

I meant laboratory engineered clones of existing humans.

Yes, I realized that. A clone created using the "Dolly" method would become a new individual that is somewhat more than 99% genetically identical to the "original". An identical twin is slightly more identical, if I remember correctly. While the method is different, the principle is not.

While the genes are identical, the personality is also formed through learning, individual experiences and socialization generally. A clone is not a copy of a person, no matter what dimwits like the new ager Rael or the fundie Dubya may think about it.

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The Devil´s Dictionary, 1911]

• Isis
    Isis

U.P.

You said:
    "Once cloned, are there any legal entitlements to the clone's wages, profits, inventions, etc?"

I don't base this answer on anything scientific. But I would guess, no. I agree that the clone is no more than a "twin" of the original. That being said, people aren't entitled "legally" to their twin's wages, etc.

So I guess whether you would agree with me or not depends on if you see a clone as another "normal" human with rights like a twin or as a "pet".

Isis

P.S. All interesting questions though. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit