management stress

by littlerockguy 3 Replies latest jw friends

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

This is going to sound like a sexist thread but why is it so hard for some women to come in go to their desk, do their job and leave in the evening? I have one who cannot stay off the phone, always some drama going on disrupting others and is just an overall troublemaking bitch! Yesterday she threatened to quit and I just looked at her and didn't say anything; even though I felt like cutting loose on her and telling her what I thought of her. I wish she would quit! I have already had to move her since she got into it with one of the other employees so I moved her into another room and now she cannot get along with the other 2 employees in there. This always happens when the office manager (my boss, who actually hired this person) is either out for the day or gone out of the building to another clinic. The reason I will not handle it alone is because I do not trust this employee with me and her in the office dealing with this behind closed doors; not only that, I didn't hire her; my boss did.

We are behind at work; all the docs are here and the woman who does all the pediatric transcription (2 full time pediatricians) is on vacation and it is time for school physicals and the person I outsource our overflow stuff to has had a death in the family and I am under pressure to keep the budget down in our department so we need to restructure and be more productive (not only do I manage the department, Im a "working manager") and this employee is worried about somebody next to her not speaking to her and making small talk! Im so busy I can barely have time for a cup of coffee and they are having issues over small stuff like this! I am going to take a few days off next week come hell or high water. I have not really had a vacation since being here (just a couple of days here and there, but not a whole week off at a time) and I have been at this clinic for almost 3 years. Has any other people been in similar situations and what did they do about it.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I am a woman who goes straight to desk, gets my work done and leaves. I've got no patience or time for drama. We used to have a drama queen at work and she just drained all of our energy. We encouraged to find another job and quit. Thank goodness she did. Towards the end of her stay there I just told her that I was sorry she was upset but I didn't have the time right now.

Dams

• damselfly
    damselfly
    The reason I will not handle it alone is because I do not trust this employee with me and her in the office dealing with this behind closed doors; not only that, I didn't hire her; my boss did.

You would be smart to avoid that. Drama queen would probably take it and run.

Dams

• Agnes
    Agnes

This is going to sound like a sexist thread but why is it so hard for some women to come in go to their desk, do their job and leave in the evening?

For the same reason it is hard for some men to do the same. Sounds like the person who is doing the hiring doesn't read people very well. Agnes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit