Service Meeting week of August 15, 2005

by TheListener 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheListener
    TheListener

Song #11

10 min: Local announcements. Use the suggestions on page8 (if appropriate for your territory) to demonstrate how to present the August 15 Watchtower and the August 22 Awake! Show an elder and an infirm publisher doing telephone witnessing.

15 min: Do You Remember? Audience discussion based on the April 15, 2005, Watchtower, page 30. Invite audience to comment on each question. Highlight the practical value of teh material. Encourage all to read carefully each issue of The Watchtower and Awake!

20 min: "Starting Bible Studies at the Doorstep and by Telephone."* Include a brief demonstration showing how a Bible study can be started on the initial call, using just one or two paragraphs in the Require brochure. Relate briefly one or two encouraging experiences about starting studies by telephone.

Song 30 and concluding prayer.

* Limit introductory comments to less than a minute, and follow with a question-and-answer discussion.

• undercover
    undercover
    demonstrate how to present the August 15 Watchtower and the August 22 Awake!
    Audience discussion based on the April 15, 2005, Watchtower, page 30
    demonstration showing how a Bible study can be started on the initial call, using just one or two paragraphs in the Require brochure

This is not a religious service...it's a marketing strategy workshop.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

For me, it's funny. When I read this, it's amazing to me to remember just how controlling they really are...right down to the song to be sung.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    a brief demonstration showing how a Bible study can be started on the initial call, using just one or two paragraphs in the Require brochure.

They forget to mention that on the second call the householder will most likely tell you to shove off.

• sunshine2
    sunshine2
    a brief demonstration showing how a Bible study can be started on the initial call, using just one or two paragraphs in the Require brochure.

is it not sad that so many bible studies are being reported this way, giving the illusion that so many people are interested in this religion when they actually don't even know that they ARE studying????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit