Memories

by Vassago 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Vassago
    Vassago

I always see topics that bring out not so happy/sad/depressing moments in our lives.

There are so many of us that were raise in the JW religion.

Even though I had a very hard life with religion and family, there are many fond childhood memories.

So, tell me about one of your fondest childhood memories:

It could have been a camping trip or the memory of walking through the wildflowers in the mountains, anything.

Vass ~

• shera
    shera

Going to visit realitives in the country,I looooove the country and everything that goes with it!

I wasn't raised a JW ,so some of my good memories are christmas with my mom. I didn't get alot but she made it magical.

• Vassago
    Vassago

Every Christmas sounds magical.

I still have never celebrated Christmas, I should this year.

Your mother sounds wonderful, you think now, it isn't the gift that matters, it is the love the warmth of true family.

Thru family does not always consist of blood relatives, My family is my best friend and his wife and their five kids. That to me is a wonderful gift that is my daily Christmas.

Your very lucky to have a wonderful mother!!

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Going on a camping trip in the Sierra Nevadas with my grandfather, uncle, and brother.

• shera
    shera

Vassago ***hugs*** Thanks,I do have a great mom.

• Vassago
    Vassago

Sonnyboy ~

What made it so special, what was your favorite moment on that trip??

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Vassago,

This was my grandfather from Texas so it was nice spending time with him. The best part was skimming along the stones of the American river. Certain parts open up into small lakes which are crystal clear. We put on our snorkels and found all sorts of strange critters at the bottom.

I think it was the place itself that made it magical. We camped in a valley which was surrounded by mountains and fir trees, and there wasn't anyone else around except for an old man who we'd see fly fishing every morning. I'd love to go back one day.

• Vassago
    Vassago

Sonnyboy ~

Sound amazing!!!!!!!!!!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

My cousins lived next door, there was a little creek in between the houses. I remember running back and forth over the metal bridge that crossed the creek, and one night in particular. It was fall, my dad was cooking syrup on this big vat in the back, and my mom was frying chicken. It was one of the last times we were all together, and one of the few times I remember really being happy.

WLG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit