tinkerbell lights......

by BlackSwan of Memphis 9 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Okay, here's the deal......

I was in the shower and had an odd experience. (no jokes).

I had an awesome experience (again, no jokes). I saw an awesome sprinkling of lights out of my right field of vision.

It was something where the very first thought that came to mind was like, fairy dust or dragonflies. These were like pinpoint lights. Bright and dancing. I closed my eyes and when I opened them, there was still a sprinkling there. I shook my head and then they were gone.

I brought this up to my husband a couple of hours later and he remarked that he has had similar experiences. He said the exact same thing, they're like dragonflies.

Has anyone else had this experience? Does anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Peace and Blessings

BlackSwan

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

i'm sorry swan, it was me...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm familiar with this.

It is a sign that the retina in under stress or is being damaged. I get them sometimes (Usually after a hard cough) as a result of an injury to my right eye years ago in which I was hit in the eye resulting in internal bleeding in the eye. It can also be caused by a detached retina and a few other very scary conditions.

Sometimes it just happens because the body does funny things every now and then.

If this only happens very rarely, then don't worry about it. If it happens frequently, then get to an ophthalmologist asap to have your eyes checked.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Lolololololol

Oooooh baby.

How does thee internet term go?

roflmao?

Too funny!!!!!!!!!!

Peace and Blessings

BlackSwan

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

I get that all the time. Sometimes when I stand up too fast, or a lot when I am hung-over or very tired!!

-April

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

BlackSwan of Memphis, I just had to add that I absolutely LOVED Christina Ricci as Wednesday in Adam's Family Values! The absolutely best part was when she came out of the cabin after being forced to watch all sorts of Disney and "family" shows for a long time... she said "I'm not perky, but I want to be." and made the most amazing and beautiful smile that was absolutely disturbing to see her make.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Guys, thank you for the info. I truly appreciate it. Nice to know I'm not that crazy. (?)

With the business that my husband and I are starting, I am on the computer A lot! I kinda worried it might be something like that. So far, it's only happened once. I think I'll take that as a hint to give my eyes more of a rest. I haven't been to the op in quite a while. I know I need to get back and when I do I'll bring it up.

Yeah, I remember that part well. I just love when she actually cracks this smile and the entire camp kinda gasps. Hee hee. My husband wants to call me Wednesday on a fulltime basis.... don't know 'bout that.

Thanks again guys

Peace and Blessings

BlackSwan

• FMZ
    FMZ

Elsewhere, if this was actually caused by a damaged retina, why would the lights go away when Blackswan closed her eyes? (I guess I am only assuming she couldn't see them when her eyes were closed, as she said "I closed my eyes and when I opened them, there was still a sprinkling there." There could well be an explanation that is perfectly acceptable in today's scientific realm, but closing one's eyes only blocks out light that is let into the eye, and if these lights did go away when she closed her eyes, that means the source of light was external.

Just a thought..

FMZ

• Preston
    Preston

What you saw were fairies....( a fella can believe can't he). I f you have a garden or a plentiful array of plants in your yard leave a small carafe of nectar in their general midst and they will be pleased.

- Preston

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hm....

Fairies? I think that's totally cool Preston. I heard from someone else the term willowisps. They are the spirits of very young children who died so young.

Fmz, interesting point. Considering, I'm not an opthalmologist, I hadn't considered that.

Hm, maybe they'd like some candy. I could try to sneak it off the goody shelf when my kids aren't looking.

peace and blessings

BlackSwan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit