brain washing

by jay 2 Replies latest jw friends

• jay
    jay

To all the witnesses... I want to know what its like to be brain washed like you. Or should you ask the elders?

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Hi Jay,

Most here are ex-jw's and are very happy to have freedom of thought sans brainwashing.
    If you really want to know what it's like to be brainwashed, why not attend a few meetings at your local Kingdom Hall and make it known that you're dying to have a free home Bible study. If you're in a hurry, head over to www.greatcrowd.com and join in on some of the conversations. Just be careful not to bring up anything that might be considered "dangerous thinking".

Anne

"Too much of a good thing, is wonderful."

Mae West

• musky
    musky

This is a hard question to answer. Most any person who is "brainwashed" doesent know they are. There comes a time after all the bible studies, and meetings when a witness says to themself,"I have now made the decision that I will not look elsewhere for any truth, because I no longer know whats best for myself. the governing body does". It is very difficult to reason with a person that has this viewpoint, because they will never think for themself.When confronted, they will always parrot the answers given to them at the meetings. musky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit