Russell on "new light."

by Forscher 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Forscher
    Forscher

In view of the recent threads about "new light", I thought you might like to see the gem recently posted by RR144 on his the forum he administers:

"If we were following a man undoubtedly it would be different with us; undoubtedly one human idea would contradict another and that which was light one or two or six years ago would be regarded as darkness now: But with God there is no variableness, neither shadow of turning, and so it is with truth; any knowledge or light coming from God must be like its author. A new view of truth never can contradict a former truth. "New light" never extinguishes older "light," but adds to it. If you were lighting up a building containing seven gas jets you would not extinguish one every time you lighted another, but would add one light to another and they would be in harmony and thus give increase of light: So is it with the light of truth; the true increase is by adding to, not by substituting one for another.

"Therefore, in mentioning grounds of our confidence that we are in the shining path under the leading of the Spirit, we mention first that the tendency of present truth is to produce the proper fruit of the spirit, of which love is the chief. The tendency of our growth in knowledge is to growth in grace. "He that hath this hope in him purifieth himself even as he (Jesus) is pure." Our pathway has been one of increase of light in harmony with former light. Thus we have been led to increased confidence in our leader." Zion's Watch Tower, Feb. 1881, page 3

Interesting, isn't it?

Forscher

• Honesty
    Honesty

Fine. But that's Old Light.

For New Light read: "What Does The Bible Really Teach"?

• darth frosty
  • saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Wow - what a find! Thank you. I love this one.

• wasblind
    wasblind

What I like about this site is that, the posts never grow old

or expires, it stands the test of time, once we find out the real

truth about the "Truth" it's solid, no flickerin' light

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit