HAS MUSIC ever sneaked up on you and changed the way your view life?

by Terry 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Hmmm...sneaked up on me? Yes.

Changed the way I view life? No, I don't think so. Like Tal, I find what I am drawn to tends more to express and harmonise with current views and feelings.

Been a factor in changing my life? Yes. And is doing so right now through my collaborations with tijkmo. It's such an amazing thing to express deeply personal feelings and thoughts through words, give them to someone as talented as he is, and have them brought to life through the accompaniment of music.

~Merry

• talesin
    talesin

TS

I agree. Music has enhanced my views, and sometimes a song or a piece will encapsulate how I feel, but it has never actually changed my world view.

As you know, I am a firm believer in the value of logic, and data, but I think there is more to us than just the concrete (after all ,,, nothing is really concrete, is it? is a table really a table? no, it is just our perception that makes it a table).

t

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Rage Against the Machine. I highly recommend for anyone esaping the BORG. I think their name says it all.

• gespro
    gespro

Wow Terry-

This thread topic reminds of the topic of discussion with most of my fellow musicians! As one who lived music, I did have alot to say but it all got too wordy. I'll just respond with a 'Yes'...

• prophecor
  • RichieRich
    RichieRich

Actually, Rap music has really helped me deal with my past.

It wasn't easy being a young black kid in the inner city.

I was 7 the first time I busted a cap.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i cried when i first heard the great gig in the sky

i know its not what you are looking for..but i wanted to share anyway

(this is like dissecting a book in english lessons...ruined a good story imo)

• prophecor
    prophecor

i cried when i first heard the great gig in the sky

I would have to say that having found Floyd, it changed my perceptions about life, and all the the misconceptions about fulfillment and happiness. It's all one great race over the precipice. I'm more emotinally balanced now that I'm older, though Floyd can still have it's way with me.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Nirvana, Depeche Mode and Oasis changed me.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i thought this was about "paradise lost", the band... listened to them a lot when i was in school.

there are some lines in songs that have a huge impact on my view of life.

"wolfsheim" for example has a line in their song "kein weg zurück": "du willst noch leben irgendwann, doch wenn nicht heute, wann denn dann?" ("you still want to live somewhen, but if not today, when then?"). this is somehow my credo since i first heard that song.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit