oops, Elders taking from the cookie jar.

by Aroq 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aroq
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I'm not saying this story isn't true, but it seems unbelievable. Have any major news outlets covered the story? 

DD

• steve2
    steve2
    There was a rather vigorous thread on this topic two, maybe three weeks ago - but that thread hasn't shown up in the right-side column on Related Topics. That thread will answer your question(s).
  • LV101
    LV101
    I've heard of something like this at conventions/assemblies where the shekels are counted.  I used to throw in cash at those unlike personal checks at hall.  Dumb although what difference did it make - all crooks!  
  • gda
    gda
    I remember we use to have the tues. night book study at our house with a donation jar. I was 13. I stole 50 cents for a pack of cigs and when my dad found out he said, YOU STOLE from JEHOVAH. I didn't offer to share with my Dad since he smoked too in secret.
  • steve2
    steve2

Your father needs to get real and check his lack of logic: How can you possibly steal from Jehovah when He is all powerful and sees everything and could very well step in and have stopped you if He chose?

When I was a kid, I stole money from my mother's purse. I would never have done that if I had known she was watching me and knew what I was doing. The whole purpose of stealing is to not get caught - unless you're Winona Ryder.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    I stole 50 cents for a pack of cigs and when my dad found out he said, YOU STOLE from JEHOVAH.

gda, you didn't steal from Jehovah. It was a burnt offering. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit