How does things work?

by Evanescence 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Hello!

I've noticed you all mention alot about P.O's C.O's and main elders and just plain elders then you have the Watchtower.

Just wondering how does things work in Authority? what i mean by this is,

We have Federal government, state government and mayors.

Catholic Church has, pope, vatican, Cardinal, Archbishop, Bishop, priests, deacons and nuns.

Soooooooooooo

What are the positions in the Jehovah'a Witness religion????

what do the P.O and C.O do????? I don't know if I got them all or if I missed something.

Also I don't quite get the Watchtowers connection with the Jehovah's Witnesses, what is the connection?

and what is the "governing body?" is that just the Watchtower peoples??

Sorry about all these questions lol!

Please help me out here,

Thanks

Evanescence

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Unbaptised females are the bottom of the pile, underneath the unbaptised males. A baptised ten year old boy is senior to a baptised woman of any age. Then there are the ministerial servants (MS) who are elders in training, and general dogsbodies, doing the admin and stuff that the elders don't do. Then there are the elders, headed up in each congregation by the Presiding Overseer (PO).

Several congregations are organised into a circuit, headed by a circuit overseer (CO). Several circuits make a district, with a district overseer (DO). Then there are national branches (head offices - Bethels), then zones.

The Governing Body (12 old men who decide doctrines and teachings) are notionally right at the top of the tree, but they do what the Legal Department and Writing Commitee tell them to do.

Aren't we grateful that Jehovah's organisation isn't a rigid, status obsessed hierarchy like the Pharisees of Jesus' day? Resplendant!!

The Watchtower is essentially the legal and organisational arm of Jehovah's Witnesses. The legal connection between the Watchtower corporation and the hierarchy of the JWs has become somewhat fuzzy, no doubt to make it harder to take legal action.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Actually, there is a hierarchy for women, too.

Unbaptised females where they belong, at the bottom of the pile. Then unbaptised publishers (anyone who goes door-knocking), followed by baptised publishers. Next comes anyone auxilliary pioneering (commited to spending 60 hours in a month door-knocking, or possibly driving between calls, or walking VEEERRRYYY slowly between doors).

Then the regular pioneers, who walk even slower, but don't have to do as many hours as they used to do. I have been out for 11 years so I am not in the loop with that. They used to aim for 100 hours a month. Was it 1000 hours a year?

Married pioneers are above single pioneers. Then come the elder's wives, followed by the wives of each succesive rank of the husbands.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

They lowered the requirements, Fe:

• Aux = 50hrs / month
    • Reg = 70hrs / Month
    Betcha there are still some Pioneers that don't get their time in
  • Evanescence
    Evanescence

AAARRGGHHH!! this is all very confusing!!!

Sooo if I was to go to the kingdom hall and be a publisher whatever (which will never ever happen! ) I would be considered low and like dirt???? it's almost worth going just to knock those men back in their place!

Would I even be considered lower than a 10 year old baptised male??? lol! thats just.... WTF!!! i could bash the kid if I wanted to! (Cause i'd never do a thing like that! ) so can a ten year old boss me around?? thats just madness!

Well its clear now I would not last one second as a Jhovah's Witness nononononono!

Well I am like all confuzzled now lol! jws are very confusing!

Evanescence

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

ah yes and there is the city overseer, and the branch overseer to

there are also schools that if people had them gives some status.

pioneer school (low)

ministerial training school

and the top: gilead school.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

ARRRGHHHH!!!!

This is so confusing!!!!

.................Now my head has just exploded!..........

Evanescence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit