"Changes in Daniel's prophecy book" revisited

by TheOldHippie 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I was trying to sum up the changes made in the different versions of the book, and just to make sure, I checked with the 2004 CD-ROM to see that page 102 really said "hundred years" in stead of "thousand years" as for the period during which Babylon had not been conquered.

BUT, the CD-version of the book - which ought to be the latest updated version - says "thousand years" .........

So please enlighten me, what is it to be, the first version reads "thousand", but has this been changed to "hundred" in later versions, but then back again into "thousand" in the final version?

• martorii
    martorii

I have the 2001 WT CD and it says:

dp chap. 7 pp. 100-101 Four Words That Changed the World ***

No enemy had taken Babylon by storm in over a thousand years

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have the 1999 paperback book.page 100/101

"No enemy had overtaken Babylon by storm in over a thousand years"

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

2004 CD-ROM

dp chap. 7 pp. 100-101 Four Words That Changed the World ***

It seems strange that the Babylonians were in such a festive mood on this night—October 5/6, 539 B.C.E. Their nation was at war, and things were not going well for them. Nabonidus had recently suffered defeat at the hands of the invading Medo-Persian forces and had taken refuge in Borsippa, to the southwest of Babylon. And now the armies of Cyrus were encamped right outside Babylon. Yet, it does not seem that Belshazzar and his grandees were worried. After all, their city was the impregnable Babylon! Her colossal walls loomed over deep moats filled by the great Euphrates River as it flowed through the city. No enemy had taken Babylon by storm in over a thousand years. So why worry? Perhaps Belshazzar reasoned that the noise of their revelry would display their confidence to the enemies outside and would dishearten them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit