Question

by 5thGeneration 8 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Why are the Seventh Day Adventists growing FASTER than JW but we still boast 16 billion (something like that) hours in field ministry as being SO important and proof that our work brings so many into the truth?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

It's all b/c of the wacky, wacky WT theology.

The majority wouldn't believe you when you say "Jesus has already come... invisibly."

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Can you point to some numbers of how fast the 7th Day Adventists are growing?

-ithinkisee

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Number of members

• 1961: 1 million
    • 1970: 2 million
    • 1980: 3.5 million
    • 1990: Almost 7 million
    • 2000: About 11 million
    • 2003: About 12 million
    • 2004: About 14 million
    • 2005: 12,894,005 baptised members, close to 25 million worship in churches every Saturday world wide.

The Seventh-day Adventist Church is one of the world's fastest-growing organizations, primarily due to increases in Third World membership. It operates in 203 out of 228 countries recognised by the United Nations

The current head of the Seventh-day Adventist Church is General Conference President Jan Paulsen from Norway.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    The majority wouldn't believe you when you say "Jesus has already come... invisibly."

I so don't get that teaching lol!

Where in the bible does it support that! Jesus said in Mathew 24 to be careful of false prophets, for there will be people saying "Oh look there is the Christ!" Jesus told us not to believe them! we must keep our faith, he mentioned that people will come and try and make others believe in lies. lol I think he warns us about the Watchtower

Evanescence *The watchtower should know beter than to play darts with the calender!*

• oldflame
    oldflame

The Seventh Day Adventist are a cult too

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

I'm sure I saw a shabby looking 7th day adventist church around before! I don't know a thing about them, do they go door to door as well? seems to be the craze with cults!

Evanescence

• Undecided
    Undecided

They are growing here in NC. About 10 years ago, or maybe 20, (I can't keep up with years anymore) they were meeting in a little store building, now they have a large church they built a few years ago. They have come to my door several times. Seems they are better than the JWs at getting people in their cult.

Ken P.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I was a baptised SDA and went door to door. I don't believe we were a cult, but then again it depends on the definition. I think JWs are borderline cult.

There are many Christian religions growing faster than JWs. JWs only carry out less than half of one percent of world missionary gospel work, and have a dismal record in terms of translating scriptures into other languages, or breaking new ground in the world. It was so called Christendom that took the gospel all over the world & translated into 2000 languages, not the JWs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit