The Bible Fraud

by sammielee24 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Has anyone read the Bible Fraud? It looked like an interesting read and just wondered if any of you read it and what you thought of it.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

No, but I can extrapolate from the title that it is an obvious polemic.

• the_classicist
  • sammielee24
    sammielee24

Thanks for that link - I haven't read the Da Vinci Code as of yet but the Truth and Fiction sounds more interesting. The Bible Fraud may be far fetched, but it too sounds interesting as far as the man who wrote it spent 12 years full time on the research. There is a web site which is I think www.thebiblefraud.com

The book is written by Tony Bushby and it apparently has recorded the genealogy of Jesus and the coverup in the early church in regards to the written documents of his life.

• Rex
    Rex

Crackpot stuff, he dredged up the old research from "Holy Blood: Holy Grail", which was an eighties 'Da Vinci Code'.

Rex

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It's all crap guys. There are so many crank theories it is a waste of time to wade through them all. Begin at the beginning, find out just what can be confirmed about this Jesus character of the NT. You will be surprised how little if anything can be called factual. This is a boon to conspiracy theorists and theologians (ancient and modern), as there is little to restrain the imagination. Just because someone poses a plausible story and writes a book does not make them worthy of serious consideration if they ignore the basic fact that we know nothing about any first century Jesus other than most of the NT descriptions are better explained as literary creation.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    It's all crap guys.

Well, I thought the Ehrman book (in the link) is a pretty good treatise on the subject.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Erhman has done a great service in popularizing mainstream NT scholarship.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Talking about frauds, I'm dying to see Stephen Carlson's upcoming book on Secret Mark....it's a slim volume, but the hype is that he definitively shows that it is a fake. Very much would like to read it and see if there is anything new in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit