Recycled, retitled, ridiculous.

by robhic 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• robhic
    robhic

I have read here how there are so few "new" items coming from the WTS these days. That most all of the books, talks, WTs, meetings, conventions, etc. are just repeats repackaged from ones gone by. Essentially that there is little "new" about the current new stuff.

In this frame of mind, today when my JW friend lamented about having to miss the upcoming DC due to health issues (I didn't even get into the "if jehovah really wanted you to go he'd improve your health" speech... ) I told her not to worry, she'd probably heard it before and if not, she would probably get the chance in the future to hear/see it again. Of course, she said "No way!" so I let it drop.

I just thought I'd check here to see if anyone might have the date or topic that the current DC is going to resemble. Too much to ask? I know it might be a tough one but I thought it would be funny to give her a reference so she could re-live a past DC and simultaneously experience the current one. If anyone has any ideas as to which "blast from the past" that might be repeated this year I'd appreciate some input.

Thanks,

Robert

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

They are all the same.

The formula works like this:

Standard program repeat every year + New Theme

This year its "Godly Obedience", last year was "Walk with God", etc.

Just interweave "obedience" into the standard fare and you have a new convention!

In addition the convention talks are then printed as Watchtower studies, so your friend will not miss a thing.

Then those Watchtower studies are parcelled into the Daily Text.

Then the Daily Text is read at the beginning of every District Convention!

Ahh, the sewage cycle of this religion.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    In addition the convention talks are then printed as Watchtower studies, so your friend will not miss a thing.

Then those Watchtower studies are parcelled into the Daily Text.

Then the Daily Text is read at the beginning of every District Convention!

Ahh, the sewage cycle of this religion.

I was having a great evening until you had to go and remind me of the JW 'spiritual paradise'.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Oh, the daily text. What a pain in the ass that was.

The more 'spiritual' you were the longer you could make a consideration of the text last. If you were very good you could consult the bound volumes and make it last as long as a Watchtower study.

• Preston
    Preston

The only thing your friend will be missing will be having the opportunity to show off that new dress or that new skirt to all her friends. The assemblies are jus one big catwalk. Gawd, I miss that about the conventions, the nice clothes

- Preston

• robhic
    robhic
    They are all the same.

The formula works like this:

Standard program repeat every year + New Theme

This year its "Godly Obedience", last year was "Walk with God", etc.

Just interweave "obedience" into the standard fare and you have a new convention!

Thanks everyone for your input. Maybe I'll use Zeke's formula above and make one up for her. That should mysify and confuse her.

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit