Did anyone say anything absurd /silly/stupid on the doors?

by badboy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Yeah, I remember arguing with an evolutionist about oxygen being needed for life (we were placing the "Creation" book, that month). His reply to me was something about anaerobic bacteria, at which I was floored. It was compounded when my partner that day, who was a science teacher, began nodding his head.

Gotta love that Awake! education, huh?

• luna2
    luna2

The most embarrassing moment was when the women who answered the door I'd just knocked on said that she doesn't believe in proselytizing. I didn't know what the word meant and had to ask her. I felt like a real moron but tried to forge ahead saying something about that we were following Jesus example. It was a disaster of a conversation.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

yeah many things

Some things that caused not too pleasant conversations:

I said: homo's are bad, to a obviously gay person (which I did not recorgnize)

I said: catholics caused WWII. (to a catholic of course).

And more of those very ignorant things, that I feel sorry about now....

A sister had a discussion about evolution. She said (copied from a brother from stage). I went to the zoo last year, and last week again (which was a lie btw), the monkeys are still monkeys and are not evolved into humans. This proves.....
    Never forget the smile on the face of the householder that the sister did not notice... felt like I wanted the earth to split open and swallow us all.

Danny

• Dimples
    Dimples

I was working with a sister one day and the person who opened the door said they were an atheist, the sister said...oh, that's O.K. we speak to people of all religions. I almost fell over with embarrassment. DIMPLES

• badboy
    badboy

I LIKE IT!

I LIKE IT!

THIS IS PROPERLY THE BEST ANYTHING SAID WHICH WAS SILLY/ABSURD/STUPID I HAVE STARTED!

KEEP THEM COMING ,FOLKS!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I was working with the Circuit Overseer (I was a pioneer at the time) and we walked up the 5 steps to the front door. I rang the doorbell and then took a step backwords... right off the edge of the porch... straight down into the snow.... then the householder opened the door. I felt really cool....

I'm not usually that uncoordinated, in case anyone was wondering..

GGG

• badboy
    badboy

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit