They came back to my door after almost 3 years!!!

by Lapuce 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Well a month ago I had a real surprise at my door and elder and his wife showed up at my door, I did not know this elder yet he knew a bit about me that I left my ex JW wife and that I was out since Nov. 2002 , and they asked me if I wanted to come back to the Truth and be re-intergrated into the dubs....

Strange no???? I dont get them......

Lapuce

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

So, what did you tell them?

• Scully
    Scully

One of their trick questions is "Do you consider yourself to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses?" If you say "Yes" then they will probably start looking for wrongdoing (smoking, having visitors of the opposite sex, etc) so that they can have grounds to disfellowship you. Don't be surprised if you see them more often. If you say "No" they will take that to mean that you have disassociated yourself.

Maybe your ex-wife wants to start dating again and is looking for Scriptural Grounds™ against you to get the congregation's blessing.

• blondie
    blondie

It doesn't look like they were wanting to talk to you about your current "sins" or the elder would have left his wife home and brought another elder. But be wary. Everything you can and will be held against you and while women are not held in the highest esteem in the WTS, they still are counted as a witness of wrongdoing. Blondie

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Well I am already disassociated as I wrote them a letter to both the congregation that I used to be and to Georgetown, and they did annonce that I disassociated myself in November 2002, and my divorce passed in court on July 2003 so my ex can do whatever she wants... maybe they are on a campagne no get back old witnesses like I read in a thread earlier??? Thats why it doesn't make any sense to me

Lapuce

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I disassociated myself in November 2002

Did they know this? That doesnt seem right. I thought they kept away from dis, and df'd ones! they dont knock on my door anymore lol

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Yes they did Buttlight thats what is so strange, the elder I only talked about 5 minutes to them, asked me if it was my depression at the time that made me write the letter of disassociation. I replyed that no, it was how they distroyed my life.

Lapuce

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Very odd. You say that an

elder and his wife showed up at my door

That is irregular because only elders make calls like this. And elders usually only call on the disfellowshipped, not the disassociated. Since you wrote yourself off, elders normally do too.

To answer your question, there is no special campaign to visit DF/DAed to my knowledge.

• luna2
    luna2

Maybe this elder is trying to re-interest DA'd ones on his own. There was an elder's wife in my first congregation that did all kinds of things on her own authority. I know she called on DF'd and DA'd folks all the time. Guess she figured the elders weren't doing enough or that the "rules" from the GB didn't apply to her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit