Went To The District Assembly...

by Doubtfully Yours 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Made light of the whole ordeal.

Turned it into a 4-day mini-vacation; 4 days away from kitchen and house chores!

We all got to stay in a very plush hotel in the theme parks area of Orlando, FL. Walked around the some main attractions during the evenings.

Took a lot of notes, but just in order to stay awake, not that anything said is new stuff really. Same old, same old.

All very, very nice!!! Now back to the same stuff day in and day out.

DY

• undercover
    undercover

Kinda like getting a free weekend at a nice resort...but...you have to spend 2 hours listening to a sales pitch to try to get you to buy.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Exactly, Undercover.

The WBTS worked out a sweet deal with this resort hotel and it was all sooooo nice!!!

For anyone to stay at this resort-type hotel at regular price would be like in the $180+ per night, but it all came out to around $44 per night for 3 nights.

But, I tell you all... the service, the resort-type surroundings, those paradise like pools, the food!!! It was all sooo great!!!

DY

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Glad you had a nice time. What did you glean?

• TheListener
    TheListener

How many in attendance?

How many baptized?

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

So do you think the org should branch out into package holidays/vacations and leave the old book and magazine publishing behind? Could be a nice little earner, it worked for Thomas Cook

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Stone the crows! I want to go to an assembly in Florida

At that price you were quids in . When I used to give out the rooming forms the hotels were discounted , but never that much. Around here the distances are such that most travel daily, and take their sandwiches and tea in a flask , and sisters spend most of their time queing for the loo

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

6500 + was the most attendance.

30 + baptized; didn't pay attention for the ages and other details.

Didn't pay much attention at all in general to the assembly info. Almost fell asleep during the drama.

Be well y'all!!!

DY

• JH
    JH

I didn't go to a District Assembly in over 10 years, and I didn't miss anything I'm sure.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I'm with you JH. Assemblies !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit