Can You Still Find JW's On School Reunion Boards?

by Englishman 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

A couple of years back, I checked out every JW and ex-JW I remembered to see if they were posting here, the biggest and best known school reunion site in the UK:

http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/

I found about 8 or 9 from all over the country who would be of a similar age to me. Now the strangest thing has happened. Every person who posted their details and is still a JW has left Friends Reunited. The only ones left are the ex's. Now I haven't contacted any of the still practising dubs, so it's not me thats frightend them off. Also, few of the practising dubs that I knew were known to the other ex's, so it can't be them that's caused a problem that's resulted in the dubs leaving.

So why would half a dozen or so practising dubs, pretty well unknown to each other, all leave a school reunion board that's virtually free of charge unless you pay to contact people?

Has there been a KM prohibiting the use of such boards?

Or something else?

Englishman.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I've just found some still practising witnesses on Friends Reunited

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Englishman -

I know the org is against school-reunions, at least as practiced in the US. Here the typical class-reunion is held at intervals of 10,20,35 years ect. The Watchtower has made several comments discouraging witnesses from attending these functions, due to the 'worldly atmostphere'. I have not ever seen any prohibition against posting to classmate web-sites though. Some witnesses might have taken the same stance on that as reunions.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit