How Can I Make Real Friends-a JW Video

by Pierced Angel 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Making Friends is not always easy when you're young. Finding friends may be particularly challenging if you are a Christian and want friends who live by Bible standards. This video has therefore been produced to help you learn how to make friends-the right kind of friends!
    In the style and spirit of the long-running Awake! magazine series "Young People Ask...," this program features candid interviews with youths from the United States, Italy, France and Spain. It offers practical, Bible-based answers to such questions as:

What are some roadblocks to friendship?

What are some of the dangers of bad associations?

What is the most important friendship one could have?

A highlight of this program is a true-to-life contemporary drama-a story that echoes the Bible account of Dinah. (Genesis, chapter 34).
    We are sure you will be deeply moved by this drama as well as by the rest of this instructive program.

The video productions are getting a lot better, but I really hated how the pioneer sister, acted like the kids from school were all sooo bad that the young sister shouldn't even think about spending time apart from school with them.
    She even asked some questions like "Do they encourage you to do good things, like study for the meetings and go out in service?". Well, duh, I don't think so since she was too embarrassed to tell them she was a witness, LOL.

My daughter and I watched it and couldn't believe how delusional it was. They just like to classify everyone who isn't a witness as someone with ulterior motives for wanting to be your friend. The modern day "Dinah" acted like she wanted to die for having been so bad as to make out with a boy from school. Sure, he was trying to get all he could, but she stopped it before it went too far, not like in real life, you know.

It just goes to show you that even though they are trying to look more modern and open minded, they're still the same as always. Teaching the kids that it's ok to spend all day in school with worldly kids, but you better not have them as friends. It's really hard to deal with that growing up, that they're all going to die and you just have to live amongst them without feeling anything for them unless they want to have a Bible study during lunch or somehting, sheesh!

Anne

"Too much of a good thing, is wonderful."

Mae West

• Kent
    Kent
    The video productions are getting a lot better, but I really hated how the pioneer sister, acted like the kids from school were all sooo bad that the young sister shouldn't even think about spending time apart from school with them.

They shouldn't! Kids from scool are controled by Satan, and if you read "Young People Ask", you will find schools to be extremely dangerous.

If you wanna follow the advices, any JW child should climb into the classroom by the windoww (hallways are dangerous), pee in their pants (toilets are dangerous as well), climb out of the windows and go home directly. And probably change wet clothes by new theocratic clothes!

So, the video is right. I simply LOVE the advices from the sax-crazed morons in the Witchpower!

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between a fool and the JW legal department is that a fool might be sympathetic ."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

You want to hear something extreeemly painful........my wife and i had a gathering......as most dubs we wanted a nice mix young and old....an elder who was there suggested we pop in the video..i hadnt seen it so i said."why not"....there were about 4 other gen x/y kids there..after the video what followed was one of the most painful discussions i had ever been involved in .my friend and i were using all our might not to keep from cracking up as the elder tried to "lead a discussion" with the other kids who were still in high school...you could see the pain on their faces as they hoped this torture would soon end........did you see the car that girl was driving in the video too?..........who said we gave all our money to the WTS??

• sableindian
    sableindian

Then you'll be glad to know that Dinah had all the 'worldly' friends she needed. With Jehovah's blessing.

Check out my post

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=37328&site=3

Dinah, guilty or not guilty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit