A Great JW literary reference

by CoonDawg 7 Replies latest jw friends

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I nearly fell out of my chair when in reading the novel "The Innocent" by Harlan Coben. I came accross this hillarious reference to JW's.

The character referred to is a washed up stripper from Vegas...now playing dive joints in Reno...

The doorbell rang.....Kimmy Dale threw on a robe and opened her bedroom door. The front room had no such sun protection. The glare assaulted her. She sheilded her eyes and blinked. Kimmy did not have a lot of visitors - she never tricked at home - and figured that it was probably a Jehovah's Witness. Unlike pretty much everybody else in the free world, Kimmy did not mind their periodic intrusions. She always invited the religiously rapt into her home and listened carefully, envious that they had found something, wishing she could fall for their line of bull. As with the men in her life, she hoped that this one would be different, that this one would be able to convince her and she'd be able to buy into it.

She opened the door without asking who it was.

"Are you Kimmy Dale?"

The girl at the door was young Eighteen, twenty, something like that. Nope, not a Jehovah's Witness. Didn't have that scooped-out-brain smile. ...

I just got the biggest charge out of this. Thought I'd share it with y'all.

Ern

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

ROTFLOL

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    Didn't have that scooped-out-brain smile.

I always looked for a good description of this. Thanks!

• M.J.
  • in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

love the avatar coondawg

• georgefoster
  • hubert
    hubert

LOL !!! Thanks for sharing !!

This one's a keeper !

Hubert

• luna2
    luna2

That's a good one! Aaaah, the old scooped-out brain smile. I remember it well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit