The Ressurection Hope.

by Daunt 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Daunt
    Daunt

Ok, I never understood this. Ok so the JW's believe that we should try to get all the people we can into the force so they can go to the new world. BUT, there was a series of talks about the Ressurection about a month ago, saying right after armeggedon we're going to be ressurected and continue living through the thousand year rain where people's scrolls will be wiped clean and satan and his demons won't be able to tempt us anymore. So let me get this straight, when the time comes God is going to smite 99.9% of the world's population, then just bring them back to life in the same place and everybodies going to live a thousand years somewhere and then you will be judged on the sins you commit then. If all this is true there is a lot of pointless things going on with the JW's (Hypothetically, we all know its already pointless). So we are risking our health to bring people in the fold just so they won't die at armeggedon right? Well I hear all the time from JW's about how we're trying to grab all the fish we can before the end comes so we can all go to the new world. And many individuals talk about the new world coming really really soon right when armeggedon comes. So God's going to kill everybody for no reason. Just to bring everybody back eh? Can somebody help me understand this because I might have to go around and slap some sense into a few of my family members.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/120120.htm

Read that, it's book 20 of de Civitate Dei, by St. Augustine.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Here's a snippet of what he said, " The evangelist John has spoken of these two resurrections in the book which is called the Apocalypse, but in such a way that some Christians do not understand the first of the two, and so construe the passage into ridiculous fancies. "

• Daunt
    Daunt

So ultimately they can be used interchangably without too much questioning. Ill have to read that link one soon but not now eh.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    So let me get this straight, when the time comes God is going to smite 99.9% of the world's population, then just bring them back to life in the same place and everybodies going to live a thousand years somewhere and then you will be judged on the sins you commit then.

No, this is not correct! (unless there has been a "new light" since my time, that is...). The belief is that all those that have died BEFORE Armageddon comes, will be ressurected. I think that is something like a "when you die, your sins are washed away"-thing. I`m not sure (nor was I ever) if this relates to only those that haven`t/didn`t hear about "the Truth" while they were still alive, or if it`s only for those that were ignorant of the Truth. I`m not even sure the religion has a doctrine about this particular part (there`s so much bs and stuff/scenarios they haven`t even thought about, but you Know Jehover moves in mysterious ways). So, the belief is that all people of the world, pluss some JWs that haven`t lived according to the religion (unless they repent and are truly sorry in fron of two or three elders...) are going to die in Armageddon, and these people (99.9% of all humanity, yup, all the innocent children too ffs), dying in this catastrophic, extreme-violence, blood-running-like-rivers-and-birds-of- prey-feasting-on-their-rotten-carcasses-Apocalypse, are NOT going to get a resurrection (and I seriously doubt they have changed this doctrine, LoL, because it`s kind of an attractive belief, in all its morbid gore, ha ha). ALL other people ever having lived since the beginning of time, are going to be ressurected, perhaps with the exception of Judas Iscariot, cause I asked that question at a book study once when I was around 13, and the elder there said he didn`t think Judas would be ressurected. So I don`t know how many people have lived on the earth since the beginning of time, but I would say that there would be enough to fill it up, yessir. The J-dubs can forget about getting paradise all to themselves, at least, ha ha.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Witnesses have the heavenly hope, the survival hope, the resurrection hope, and the theft of real estate hope.

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

YOU HEARD WHAT FROM WHOM? Now I've heard, almost, everything and this is a mouthful. I think the Watchtower wants to cover all their bases, as garybuss says. As for Augustine, all things are opinions, but one point....We all wait for the coming of the blessed hope that as Christ came He promised us He would call on us at the appointed time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit