Watchtower accepting credit cards ?

by BERNARD 8 Replies latest jw friends

• BERNARD
    BERNARD

I was trolling around on the great crowd board of Jehovah
    witnesses and one mention about a credit card machine being
    installed in an asssembly hall of Jehovah witness. What do you
    guys think about this.

THE REAL TRUTH STANDS THE TEST OF TIME, IT WILL NOT CHANGE, IF IT DOES ITS A LIE.The sun will rise, The sun will set,AN EXAMPLE of The real TRUTH nobody can change.

• sunstarr
    sunstarr

Will they take American Express?

• Flip
    Flip

If ATM use at WTB&TS conventions is verifiable, makes perfect business sense to me, my Bank uses electronic banking, seems to work well for them and is convenient for me.

I suspect the Bank sponsoring the ATMs at conventions is most likely the investment banker Jehovah God…er…the WTB&TS…no…right the first time…Jehovah God uses.

If any one attending a convention with ATM’s could tip me off about whom the bank sponsor is, I wouldn’t mind picking up a few shares of their bless'ed stock.

Flip

• individual
    individual

I've heard the same rumour. If this indeed proves to be true it shows that they worship a new god - Money. Something we have always suspected.

Jesus overturned the money tables in the temple because it wasnt fitting for these things to take place in his Fathers house. The situation today is no different - for money tables you can now read ATMs. Their love of money was proved to me by the talks at the assemblies that usually lasted an hour or two on the priviledge of giving money to the society. The society would charge rent on the assembly halls that were built by donations. Go figure this out! At Bristol Assembly Hall in the UK they would read out the accounts showing donations and expenses and I could never understand why the expenses were so high, about £5000, just for one weekend, using a hall we already owned!! I later found out that it was usual policy for the society to charge rent for every weekends usage of the hall. They must be making a fortune out of this.

Have you also seen the 32 page brochure they have recently published on how to donate to the society, makes for interesting reading... they are going into the business of paying out a nominal amount per month once the publisher is of a certain age, if you sign your house over to them. Could you imagine doing this and then leaving the organisation??

• BERNARD
    BERNARD

NO i did not see the 32 page brochure on how to give your wealth what's left of it to the soceity, I will ask my wife about it she is still a dub

THE REAL TRUTH STANDS THE TEST OF TIME, IT WILL NOT CHANGE, IF IT DOES ITS A LIE.The sun will rise, The sun will set,AN EXAMPLE of The real TRUTH nobody can change.

• Kismet
    Kismet

The Society does often charge rent for assembly Halls despite the fact they are fully owned by the Society.

the reason? think about it.

Any estimate how much it costs to heat a facility that size? How about running the lights and sound system for 8-10 hours?

What about maintenance, leaking roof, cleaning supplies, etc?

We all know of the reputed 'cheapness' of the average JW, if 'rent' wasn't charged do you really think the JW's would cough up enough money to care for such things?

That being said, I think the ATM is a bad idea myself and totally inappropriate. I too would be interested in knowing where this was being done and thus advertise it appropriately... smirk

Kismet

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Kismet, maybe the average Dub is "cheap" , as you so charmingly put it, is because they are constantly being badgered to cough up the dough to Jehovah's Financial Organisation. Maybe the donations would be more forthcoming if it were left up to a person's own generosity than to the repeated hounding. 5000 pounds in expenses for a weekend convention in their own hall? I don't think so!

Q: How do you know a Dub loyal to "Jehovah's Organisation" is lying?
    A: Their lips are moving.

• Grunt
    Grunt

Maybe they are "cheap" because they don't have a real job. My daughter, valedictorian, four years of college and her career? Ten years of odd jobs. The first ones paid well but as she has become more spiritually mature they have deteriorated. She babysits two witness kids and pioneers. She can take them out with her. In about ten years, it will all begin to come home to her. No kids, no career, no benefits, a self-alienated family, some psuedo-friends, lots of meetings and the glorious hope that the world will soon come crashing down. wow.

• Flip
    Flip

Hey! If the WTB&TS starts handing out "Air Mile points" every time someone picks up their magazine allotments, New World Twisted edition of the Holy Bible, or ‘cheesy’ publication ...I'm back baby!…I'm back!

Flip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit