Fire!

by zeb 6 Replies latest social current

• zeb
    zeb

The towns of Pemberton. Northcliffe and Denmark in West Australia have wild fires approaching.

Pray for rain or a wind change to save them.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Zeb

I sure as hell ain`t going to pray for rain as prayer never did anybody any good except screw peoples  minds. .

However I do hope , wish , the wind will change in time to save those towns under threat from the fires.

Anybody who has ever  experienced, even from a distance, the intensity and heat from a bush fire knows the dangers people face.

My thoughts are with them 

smiddy

• Simon
    Simon

Fires are no fun. I remember fighting moss fires on the farm (where the pete / ground burns). It's unbelievable how it can spread and keep going.

I can only imagine what it's like with bush and wind - devastating and unstoppable.

You can only hope that the weather and environment help and don't make things worse.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub
    Oh no, hope everyone stays safe... We'll be holidaying there in a few weeks....
  • zeb
    zeb
    ..the rain come..only briefly but `it has eased the fires.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy
    Great news Zeb, keep us posted.
  • zeb
    zeb

The fires were started by lightening and had a diameter of hundreds of kilometres. This is a savage country.

A magnificent effort by fire crews and all concerned who put their lives  out there most volunteers to contain these monsters. Last year a volunteer was very badly burned and lost her life when a fire turned and engulfed their fire truck. I have pride in them all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit