JW Charity?

by Ellie 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Ellie
    Ellie

Can someone please explain to me why Jehovahs Witnesses are a registered charity?

Its not like they do anything to help anyone.

• ArtfulDodger
    ArtfulDodger

GOOD question . . .please see the link below . .

http://www.rickross.com/reference/general/general306.html

ArtfulD.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are registered as a charity in order to save taxes I suppose, they don't do any real charity work or donations but I think they found a loophole in the law and can put down money paid to pioneers or missionaries as charity.

• thom
    thom

I brought this subject up with some family and of course they feel that JW's probably do more than most any other org to help people.
    Listing first of course, "preaching the good news".
    Teaching people to read in Africa (so they can read the WT of course).
    Being first on the scene in disasters in the U.S. I asked who they help, just other JW's? No, they setup food distribution for everyone in the area and are the only ones properly organized and even the military goes to them for help. I asked where they got this info and it's from the WT of course. I asked if they ever read about this anywhere other than the WT and my grandmother told me, "YES! In newspapers." Pushing her further I find that she's talking about supposed quotes from newspapers she saw in the WT.
    I've had a big problem with all the difficulties going on in the world and how JW's do nothing to even try to help. But most JW's I feel, believe that their org is doing wonderful things to help people all over the world. Something I never saw, even as a JW.
    Very soon after I stopped attending meetings, the Red Cross contacted me asking for a donation, which I very happily gave. They may not be perfect, but at least their purpose is to truly help people in need.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit