JARACZ MAKES REFORM IMPOSSIBLE. SCHISM IS NEEDED.

by jomac 8 Replies latest jw friends

• jomac
    jomac

"TO ANY WOULD-BE REFORMERS WHO READ THIS, since Ted Jaracz is an accused child molester on the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses and the rest of that body or board refuse to not support him, reform is impossible. I recommend you schism, meaning set up an associating group of Bible fellowships entirely freed from such persons. :-) " By J.M. Emerson, Kansas

You can talk about reforming the Watchtower all you want, but it can't work for the reason stated above. It's time to move on to the work that needs done.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exjehovahwitnesses/

• zagor
    zagor
    "TO ANY WOULD-BE REFORMERS WHO READ THIS, since Ted Jaracz is an accused child molester on the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses and the rest of that body or board refuse to not support him, reform is impossible. I recommend you schism, meaning set up an associating group of Bible fellowships entirely freed from such persons. :-) "

Crikee, is that for real? Didn't know he was personally implicated

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Now hold on here a bit. Yes, Ted Jaracz was "accused" of sexual abuse. I saw the woman screaming about the abuse at our protest of the WTBTS a few years back. I felt so bad for the woman. But you have to know that this was an "alleged" situation. From what I understand, the woman who accused Ted of such atrocities has since died. Nothing can be proven one way or the other.

Anyone have other information about this?

As much as I would LOVE to pin the WTBTS against the wall, I am reluctant to just blatantly say things are the absolute truth without "absolute truth", if you know what I mean.

Edited to add: I am leary of people making such claims when they send you links to a general area rather than to a specific item.

• jomac
  • Pwned
    Pwned

I think reform is inevitable. In the grand scheme of things JW is still a baby religion if it is to survive it must adapt or it will be pushed further and further to the fringe.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Everybody has to die some time. Once the GB goes, the sycophants who have been running the show since '95 will keep on trucking. But they will do it without inspiration and a whole bunch more backroom bickering. It should be interesting to see if the moderates or the die-hards will keep the upper hand. Right now the die-hards seem to be on top. (OBEDIENCE the theme for the year? Yuck).

Us apostates do not have the luxury of predicting the future as some are. There is no way to predict the outcome; whether it be catastrophic collapse (Russia), schizm (Protestants), reform (WWCG), or a slow, lingering fade in to the sunset (John Wayne).

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Accusation is not proof. While Pat Garza's distress was real, and I am not disbelieving her, it simply is not fair to smear a man with this label - even if he is an uptight prick who I personally despise. While the WT has erred on the side of protecting abusers due to lack of proof, we must not stray in the other direction. (For instance, child molestation is usually a repeated offense - and no other victims of Jaracz have stepped forward to allege anything like what Pat was saying.)

So - do you really want to follow a man who is using a smear tactic at the very outset of founding his religion? Haven't we all had enough of this kind of lying, emotional blackmail, and pretentious martyrdom tomfoolery? Think about that. More to the point, think for yourselves. Don't leap from the frying pan of the WT to the fire of some even more minor, uncontrolled cult!

CZAR

• willyloman
    willyloman

What czar said. And dazedandconfused, too.

The WTS already stinks; there's no need to embellish the stench.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

WHO GETS TO KEEP THE MONEY?$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit