WT teachings clearly racist, anti-female and anti-semitic

by Grace 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Grace
    Grace

Someone else from another post directed me to have a closer look at this site:

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/admin-site-map.htm#beliefs

This site uses WT original quotes directly from the publications, so it's worth taking both a first and second look.

1) Clearly, the WT publications/teachings sided with the Nazi regime which blamed the Jews for the present state of the world.

2) Clearly, the WT teachings said that distributing literature among the "colored" people would be a waste and no fruit would result from it because the colored people are not educated (nor are they really capable of being educated).

3) Clearly, a man's brain is about 10% bigger, so claims early WT literature, and so a woman cannot handle as much responsibility as a man. In addition, a woman's cycles puts her out of commission once a month, and how can she handle important responsibilities during these times?

I implore all to take a good look at the proof in the WT's own words. I appreciate the thoughtfulness behind the making of this valuable site.

Grace

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think the Quotes site clearly shows that the Watchtower Society is a product of it's time and as prone to flip-flops as the rest of the world. Inspired by Holy Spirit? I don't think so. Group of imperfect old men making their best guess? Most likely.

Who is behind the curtain, Dorothy?

• Grace
    Grace

But that's entirely the point. They claim that the GB is inspired by God. They claim that their writings are inspired by God. They believe in Divine Authority (as it applies ONLY to them, not any other religion) and claim that the channel of communication comes directly from God to the GB who writes this stuff.

That's entirely the point! Have they changed their stance on this point.... that the GB is no longer God-inspired? After all, those who are DAed or DFed as a result of disputing a WT teaching are going against God (they claim and teach). That is why we're shunned, is it not?

Grace

• jgnat
    jgnat

Absolutely.

And these days they are firmly fifty years behind the times. The wifey doesn't wait by the door, martini in hand any more. Somebody should tell the GB.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I think they are very woman unfriendly.

However I can not agree with racism and anti-semitism.
    Maybe before, but that is a long time ago, times were different.

Of course it shows that they are not inspired no agrument over that...

Danny

• Carol
    Carol

What Danny Said!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit