JW's and Kingdom Halls making money off worldly people ???

by run dont walk 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

My wife works at a clinic in a strip mall beside a Kingdom Hall, she worked there about 8 months, well apparently the clinic she works for rents (donates) parking spaces from the Kingdom Hall (and its a huge hall, wow, probaly used to be a church) on a monthly basis, and so do many other businesses in the strip mall (dental clinic, optometrist, etc,) the mall is always FULL.

I don't mean to nit-pick on the Witnesses, but does anyone else find this odd, I wonder if they pay tax on that money or claim it as donations, why would you rent space to business that go against bible principles. What if the business was an abortion clinic ? or a business that's shady. Or just making money off the property, wasn't Jesus furious over people using the church as a market to sell things.

Any thoughts on this, ever happen at your Kingdom Hall, do you think there is anything wrong with this, or it's no big deal.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

To find out how much it costs or if it is a "donation" arrangement, just write them a letter inquiring about the parking as if you (and you fictitious business) might be interested in using it too.

• blondie
    blondie

I know of several KHs that have extra land in the country that lease it to the local farmers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit