No Goals....

by rollercoaster 5 Replies latest jw friends

• rollercoaster
    rollercoaster

It seems as though I have become stuck in a very deep rut. The only way to get out is turn the wheel real hard.
    I am so tired of the struggles in owning my business. I am tired of the stress and pressure put on me by trying to please everyone else. I want to shut down the company, but if I do, there will be a lot of financial debt I will have to take responsibility for. Bankruptcy looks more and more appealing. Bankruptcy would also cause a financial loss to a very dear friend.
    I don't know which way to go, and I really don't have any goals. I just keep doing the same thing every day. I think I am avoiding a decision I should make. I don't know what steps to take to shut down. And the worst part is that there will be employees not receiving their final paycheck. This is affecting me a lot. I have had on going migraine headaches and my neck is killing me, and I'm not sleeping,lack energy, and so on and so on.....
    I know I have to be responsible but I am tired of being responsible. I thought I could pull the business out of this nose dive, but I'm not so sure anymore.
    I can't talk to my husband about this. He is one of my employees and he will not get a paycheck either. This is all a long, long journey that I just want to be over.
    Any suggestions?
    RC

• larc
    larc

RC,

I think there too many details about your business that we would have to know before we could give any kind advice, and I am not sure how much of this you want to share with us. What kind of business? What is your debt load? Are you making a profit? How many employees? Can you cut costs in any way? How long have you owned the busness, etc, etc.

• Farkel
    Farkel

You could always get a Government job. They don't work for a living, they get five weeks paid vacation a year, a whole bunch of days off that no honest, hard-working people get, they get CPI raises, merit is not rewarded, but senority is (the jerks that have been jerks the longests get all the power and all of the reasons to work even less with impunity.)

Or, you could start another business! I hope you opt for the latter because the former is for either burned-out entrepreneurs or even worse, losers.

I've been up-and-down the financial ladder, and I've been self-employed for over thirty years. It's been tough for me lately, but the upside is: I have my wits about me and friends I can trust. I will also rise again. May we both rise again together.

There's always the possibility of working for the US Post Office. There's also the possibility that God puts people in Hell. Both possibilities are nearly the same and they are a last option. At least for me anyway. I'll take "hell" over a Paradise Earth run by the Watchtower Printing Corporation any day of the week.

"Give me Liberty or Give Me an Idea to Make Money On My Own" - Patrick Farkel

Farkel

• rollercoaster
    rollercoaster

Farkel,
    You are a breath of fresh air!!!! I love your humor.
    I already started and sold a second business to carry the cost of the first one.
    It's more than the business. I have to share a building with another business which is owned by a JW. I am shunned and treated poorly on a daily basis. I so despise the JW thinking.
    When I got married, it was kept secret because I would lose contracts which would have meant a loss of money. When my marriage was found out about, I did lose a contract.
    The whole thing is crazy. It is just to much stress anymore.
    RC

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Rollercoaster,

Without more details about your business, I would suggest maybe consulting with an attorney about your options. You may want to also talk to your accountant, if you have one, he/she may have some suggestions for you for closing your business with the least amount of problems, if that is your desire.

I have been in a similar situation, the stress was more than I could bear. We opted to close the doors and file bankruptcy, because we were tired of killing ourselves 18 hours a day trying to keep a business alive. Sometimes, you just have to bite the bullit and put something out of it's misery or you will go crazy.

Sit down with a piece of paper and write down all of the pros and cons of closing your business or keeping it open, then do what is best for you.

I wish you all the best. I know this is a stressful time for you.

"By doubting we come at truth" -Cicero

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

The courts are there to make sure the children play nicely with each other. Surely you can sue for breach of contract! Can't you make some deal to get the Dubs out of the building - your presence isn't exactly something they'd want, either? Can "poor treatment" be legally seen as harrassment?

Q: How do you know a Dub loyal to "Jehovah's Organisation" is lying?
    A: Their lips are moving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit