Nationalities of the GB members.

by mtbatoon 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

I am suddenly curious as to the nationalities of current and previous GB members. Can any of our archivists help?

• greendawn
    greendawn

I believe that most of them were/are Americans with some British, if I remember well there was a German back in the eighties and one of Greek origin (Gangas), they had to be local boys that were part of and well known by the inner circle of the Brooklyn leadership. They had to be submissive society men.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

I'd guess that they have been mainly U.S and a few U.K. I'd also guess that no non-Europeans have held the position.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

In the beginning they were heavily German American. It has been said that some would make ethnic slurs from time to time and make fun of other ethnic groups.

Real stupid stuff.

• martorii
    martorii

One of them I think is from Austria, Gerit Leosch

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

No coloured folk ? Maybe jerhovah miraculously turned them white so they could be happy - like the man quoted in the jerhovahs witness article, who "people say that his color was changed in answer to prayer". Perhaps he prayed thus because he believed how "the curse which Noah pronounced upon Canaan was the origin of the Black race."

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Samuel Herd - African American

Jack Barr - British-Scottish

Losch - Austrian

Carey Barber - born in Britain -England but may have Canadian Nationality

Sydlik - I am sure he is Slavic but not 100% sure

The rest are WASP american

• blondie
    blondie

Carey W. Barber (1905-)

Born on the 4th of July 1905, in Trowbridge, Wiltshire, England.

John E. Barr (1913-)

Born in 1913, in Aberdeen (Scotland), in a family of Bible Students.

Samuel F. Herd (1935-)(Afro-American)

Samuel Herd was elder in a small congregation of Arkansas, U.S.A.,

Theodore Jaracz (1925-)

Theodore Jaracz was born in 1925. He was baptized sometime in the 40s.

M. Stephen Lett (1949-)

Started as pioneer on December, 1966.

From 1967 to 1971 served in Brooklyn Bethel.

Gerrit Lösch (1941-)

Gerrit Lösch was born in 1941 (in Austria)

He was pioneer since November 1, 1961 and was circuit and district overseer in Austria between 1963 and 1976.

Guy H. Pierce (1934-)

Guy and his wife, Penny, started working as pioneers in April 1982, after they raised their children.

Between 1986 and 1997, Pierce was circuit overseer (in the U.S.A.?)

Albert D. Schroeder (1911-)

Albert D. Schroeder was born around 1911 in Saginaw (Michigan, E.U.A.)

Particularly did I have warm memories of my maternal grandmother, Elizabeth Darger. Her parents brought the family to Michigan from Germany sometime before 1870. She taught German and English in the public schools and lived with us in the home of my Lutheran parents in Saginaw, Michigan, the city of my birth.

David H. Splane (1944-)

David Splane started as pioneer in September 1963.

Belonged to the 42nd Gilead class and was missionary of Jehovah's Witnesses in Senegal.

Daniel Sydlik (1919-)

Daniel Sydlik was born in February 1919, near Belleville, Michigan (U.S.A.), where his family lived in a farm.

Karl F. Klein (1906-2001)

Karl F. Klein was born around 1906, in Southern Germany.

In 1910 his family moves to the United States (Blue island, Chicago suburbs).

Lyman A. Swingle (1910-2001)

Lyman Alexander Swingle was born on November 6, 1910, in Lincoln, Nebraska. He was baptized in 1923.

Milton G. Henschel (1920-2003)

Born on August 9, 1920.

He was baptized while adolescent and in 1939 was already Bethelite.

W. Lloyd Barry

Lloyd Barry was born in New Zealand on December 20, 1916

John Booth (d. 1996)

As a young man back in 1921, John Booth was searching for purpose in life. He taught Sunday school at the Dutch Reformed Church,

Frederick Franz

(d. 1993)

Brother Franz was born on September 12, 1893, in Covington, Kentucky.

Martin Poetzinger

Brother Poetzinger was born on July 25, 1904, in Munich, Germany

George Gangas (d. 1994) Greek

William K. Jackson

Grant Suiter

IN 1922, when I was 14 years old, my father moved our family from Chicago, Illinois, to California.

Thomas Sullivan

Ewart Chitty (resigned 1980)

My mother came to appreciate God’s truth in 1912, and I remember that she tried to interest me in spiritual things. But at the age of fourteen it made no appeal, except that I realized she had got hold of something that meant everything to her. Two years later World War I started, and it was not long before the young men of Britain had to take life seriously.

Raymond V. Franz

John Groh

He was born at Kulm, North Dakota, on July 3, 1906, and as a young man became a university-trained research metallurgist.

Nathan Knorr

Nathan Homer Knorr was born at Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, in 1905, of American-born parents.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Thanks blondie. Interesting the amount of German influence in the GB.

Maybe they can trace their ancestry back to the Bavarian Illuminati? I'm sure some will say so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit