Did anyone see The Simpson's tonight"

by claytoncapeletti 9 Replies latest jw friends

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

Tonight’s episode of The Simpson’s was about Homer's prophecies for the end of the world. In classic Simpson's style they bash apocalyptic cults and the idea of an upcoming armaggedon. It was great when they showed Homer coming up with his date for the end of the world; it sounded a lot like the Watchtower's version.

Clayton

" Brothers dont shake hands, brothers gotta to hug"

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Yep, I saw it. Part of me was laughing, while part of me was cringing. Hard to believe that any of us smart people could be suckered in by that sort of stuff, but we were.

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

I know how you feel. I feel ashamed sometimes when I think how blind I was. At least when Homer refigured his caculations after his first date failed everyone stopped believing in him. To bad thats not true of the Borg.

Clayton

" Brothers dont shake hands, brothers gotta to hug"

• John Doe
    John Doe

Methinks intelligence has little control over the heart, and therefore few beliefs are beyond the realm of any intelligent individual, for the heart sways with yearnings and flutters with desires, ignoring intelligence's reason. I hold errant hearts to be no indicator of intellectual worth, nor subject to any cause greater than their own yearnings, and so be we torn between two great forces, sometimes mutually parallel, and sometimes awkwardly askew. Our lives are then wrought with yearning to decode a universal truth for measurement of these forces, a certainty that likely will never exist.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

John Doe...I wuz just gonna say exactly those same words !

Imagine that !

(well put, by the way !)

• Mary
    Mary

I missed it! D'OH!!!

Pretty scarey when God's Channel for dispensing Fooood at the proper time is featured through Homer Simpson eh?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

did you notice that 144,000 was a very prominent number in his calc? LOL

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

"I see what the problem is, I didnt count Jesus. There was 13 people at the last supper. That changes everything !!"

Making fun of the 144,000 was the icing on the cake.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

The great part was when God told Homer "Here ... just read these pamphlets."

-ithinkisee

• Ticker
    Ticker

I love it when the Simpsons poke fun at stuff like that, its so damb hilarious. I missed it but maybe catch a rerun of it.

Ticker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit