Fear sells but whos buying?

by Ticker 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ticker
    Ticker

Another thing I always disliked about the Organization was all the fear tactics. A God supposedly with a forefront quality of love was always shown in Mags and books to be a tyrant ready to swiftly execute the evil in his hot anger. Everything was FEAR. Fear God, Fear the Watchtower, Fear elders, Fear df'ing, Fear doing something wrong, Fear having to much recreational fun, Fear armagedon. For ones with such supposed unwavering faith in God Watchtower they all sure seem paranoid of the world, God, and armageddon.

Obviously the old fear tactic still works to keep one imprisoned in the Org, but what is their recent approachs in the public ministry? Are they still pushing this big fear of armageddon on ones or have they abandoned that approach for more everyday ho hum topics? Just wondering since I've been out for 5 + years now I guess. I still hear them occasionally say how the GB said we were in the final hour before the big A and that makes me laugh. They dont realize how silly they sound when compared to sound reasoning from the bible. They contradict themselves without even knowing it. Stupid gullible people putting trust in man. Sad but true, maybe fear is still selling to the public.

Ticker

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I bet they still do, and I also think they`re much more fanatic about "the signs" of the endtimes now, than ever before, now that the 1914-generation are allowed to die out. The only argument they have now, are the "signs".

• greendawn
    greendawn

But still those signs are totally meaningless given the fact that they could last for an indefinitely long time, even though the FDS tries to argue without having any basis for this after 1995, that the end is as near as ever since 1914.

Fear is very central to their mind control techniques that's why they are trying to project an image of God as someone short tempered and merciless to be feared much according to the OT model of jehovah and completely ignore the NT context. In doing so they misrepresent the Divine character and personality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit