First Atomic Bomb and the Turquoise Cystals

by Thirdson 9 Replies latest social current

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

With it being the 60th anniversary of the first atomic explosion and with visitors allowed to see the Trinity Site in a restricted area of the White Sands Missile Range, I noted CNN’s report. In part the story states:

Visitors stooped to pick up pieces of trininite, a radioactive, turquoise crystal-like material that was created by the blast.

This is the first time I have seen mention of these crystals in print. However, it brought back memories of field service with my Dad in the 60s and 70s. On numerous occasions, he told people in FS that archeologists had found crystals at Biblical sites (related to God’s consuming fire on water-drenched altars) that were found only at the sites of atomic explosions.

I never knew where he got his story from and later in life I dismissed the story as pure JW folklore. Now apparently, the crystals really do exist. But what about the rest of my Dad’s story? Where did it originate? Has anyone else heard of trininite found elsewhere? Do other fundamentalist religions tell the same tales?

3rd

• Leolaia
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    On numerous occasions, he told people in FS that archeologists had found crystals at Biblical sites (related to God’s consuming fire on water-drenched altars) that were found only at the sites of atomic explosions.

Anyone know if any references for this actually exist or was he pulling trininite out of his ass?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    While the Trinitite was highly radioactive in 1945 when it was formed, more than fifty years have passed and at the present time, radioactivity is virtually zero.

http://www.minresco.com/trinitite/trin.htm

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    When the first atomic bomb exploded in New Mexico, the desert sand turned to fused green glass. This fact, according to the magazine Free World, has given certain archaeologists a turn. They have been digging in the ancient Euphrates Valley and have uncovered a layer of agrarian culture 8,000 years old, and a layer of herdsman culture much older, and a still older caveman culture. Recently, they reached another layer of fused green glass. It is well known that atomic detonations on or above a sandy desert will melt the silicon in the sand and turn the surface of the Earth into a sheet of glass. But if sheets of ancient desert glass can be found in various parts of the world, does it mean that atomic wars were fought in the ancient past or, at the very least, that atomic testing occurred in the dim ages of history?

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_ancient_atomic_3a.htm

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Thanks for the comments. A similar phenomenon occurs when lighting strikes sandy soil. Staphanus’ links apparently show other places where trininite has been found but to say this is a result of ancient nuclear technology is stretching credibility. There have been other natural occurrences in Earth’s history that could account for trininite including meteor or comet collisions, as mentioned.

I think in JW (or from other religious groups) folklore, the findings of this glass in the Middle East or North Africa was transferred to Palestine and then to the sites of Godly displays of power. I am still interested in anyone else knowing about this story.

As for my Dad, he just repeated what he was told, or what he thinks he heard. In the 1960s there was only a presiding overseer and every other male of significance in the congregation was a servant. Dad (a cong’ book study conductor) used to give public talks, but there were plenty of ‘brothers’ giving worse quality talks and talks with references to data from dubious sources. My guess is that he heard this story from another speaker. I should check the WT-CD to see if they are the source of this as well.

3d

• AlanF
    AlanF

Thirdson, your Dad was repeating stuff from a WTS public talk outline from the 1960s.

AlanF

• potleg
    potleg

I remember the same story when I was a kid in England, back in the 60's.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Thirdson, your Dad was repeating stuff from a WTS public talk outline from the 1960s.
    They also had it in a WT in my lifetime. Something about Elijah or Elisha or someone like that.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Fused soil is not so rare.

I made some in my backyard a few years ago. I was trying to remove an old diseased flowering quince bush, and the thing had a taproot that seemed to go straight down to China! after little success with traditional (rational?) removal techniques, I thought maybe I could bun the root through. I put about five pounds of ignighted charcoal briquets in the hole, then connected the eair exhaust from my shop vac to a length of steel pipe and stuck it into the burning charcoal, and turned on the vacuum/blower. It got REALLY hot in that hole - easily yellow hot - about 3000 degrees farenheit - and it stayed that way for a while.

Once the charcoal was exhausted, I let the area cool and went to onspect the hole - portions of the sides were fused into glass!

The quince root, however, was not badly degraded, probably becasue the moisture in the wood kept the root from getting near the ignition point. I got a couple of big friends to help me, and we were able to break the root off below the suface by applying many hundred of foot pounds of torque to it.

So we have an ancient sacrificial altar - OFCOURSE there would be fused soil beneath it. That's probably how glass was discovered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit