Indoctrinated at "church camp"

by d0rkyd00d 7 Replies latest jw friends

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

Man, i can't believe how gullible people are. My friend was an atheist, but recently went to a "church camp" for four days. Now she's back, and she said she's a new person. she wants to "live her life for God" and "worship him every day for the rest of her life". She said God spoke to her, telling her he loves her and everything is gonna be ok now. How can people be so frickin stupid. i can't even express how sick i feel right now.

"No cool quote yet. but i'll think of one soon."

• Sozo
    Sozo

She will be a changed person! Why would that make you mad? If someone desires to serve God and allow a transformation of love, kindness, comfort, consideration, compassion to take place within and touch those who need a touch why would that make you mad?

She is not harming anyone or doing anything that could cause harm. Receiving God is an absolute change and transformation of the heart - that is what He wants to have.

• Flip
    Flip
    Why would that make you mad? If someone desires to serve God and allow a transformation of love, kindness, comfort, consideration, compassion

You may not want to assume too much and qualify your statement regarding “...serving God parallels love, kindness, comfort, consideration and compassion.

For the majority, to serve God means wrapping explosives around their torso with the intent to take as many “infidels” out as possible.

However I agree, let’s think positively, regardless of how naive and hope the “Christian Camp” she attended, was one of the benign few.

Flip

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest 'dork... may you have peace!

A quote... hmmm...

How 'bout "sheep... are notoriously stupid"?

Yes, including yours truly.

This a true statement, as what other domestic animal needs to be watched when grazing? What others are at risk from wild beasts, wolves? What others wander off and fall off cliffs and into pits and get themselves stuck in briarbushes and barbed wire? Yes, I know that such things happen to other animals occasionally, but for the MOST part, cows, goats, pigs, chickens, horses, llamas, etc., all can be turned loosed to wander and graze... and will find their way 'home' when its time.

But not sheep; nope, sheep must be watched... and led home... or they'll stay out there and freeze, be eaten... starve, because they've eaten everything in sight and don't know where to go next.

So sheep... need a shepherd.

Question is... WHICH 'shepherd'? In truth, all but ONE... are actually wolves... in sheep's 'clothing'.

John 10:1-15, 27

So... are you going to let your friend just be handed over to the 'wolves'? Are will you tell her about the Fine Shepherd?

You can't get mad at her for blindly standing on the 'train tracks'... if YOU... who apparently 'sees' BETTER?... just stands by and won't even shout out a warning. Can you?

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• logical
    logical

Dorky

ITs a bit early in the morning to get drunk isnt it?

SJ, sorry I just missed you in chat, I was in another window.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

DD,
    I know how frustrated you must feel. My step-daughter went to Creation a four day religious camp in PA. And now all she wants to do is listen to Christian music. Perhaps it is just a phase your friend is going through. I think that is what it is with my daughter.
    But you know having some belief in God isn't all a bad thing. It may help to ground and center her. Some people just need a group to belong to.
    I get the feeling though, that this change in your friend may be affecting a relationship you and she had? Patience my friend. It may not be all bad!
    TW

• Seeker
    Seeker

It was just an emotional response to a propaganda situation with a continuous and intensive message. As the emotions cool down, she may come to her senses again. If she is a logical person, and as time goes on and she see no evidence for her new belief, she may come to her senses again. Or it may just be that she has a need for religion in her life, in which case she would have begun to believe at some point anyway, and you may as well know it now.

• Flip
    Flip
    she has a need for religion in her life, in which case she would have begun to believe at some point anyway

Or, to expand on this thought, prior to “discovering” her need to “serve God” she was always a loving, kind, comforting, considerate and compassionate individual.

Perhaps during “Church camp” she simply manifested a susceptibility to being influenced by the power of group dynamics within a closed environment…in other words…mass hysteria.

If she has an addictive or insecure type personality, her "habit" will be difficult to kick.

Flip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit