Different interpretation

by barbar 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• barbar
    barbar

Tonight I saw a group of people having a barbecue on the beach, from a distance I thought "I bet they are religious". As I walked to my car there was oen of the group preaching to the rest about Peter walking on water and when he started to sink Jesus shot his hand out and saved him. He said this showed Jesus love. He then went on to talk about Jesus love for quite a while.

It got me thinking, as a JW the point of this story was to emphasise faith, but for this other religious group it was to emphasise love. The same story but different meaning depending on what is more important to you.

Clearly Witnesses have more interest in belief or faith (blind faith often) than they do love.

To be honest the whole religious thing repels me now whatever the beliefs, but I thought that it was interesting to see the contrast in application of a scripture.

BTW I just learned how to quote can't believe it was so simple but I could never do it.

• kls
    kls
    BTW I just learned how to quote can't believe it was so simple but I could never do it.

It weren't that long ago that i finally figured it out

• sandy
    sandy

can someone tell me how to quote again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit