Talking to God in a Lucid Dream

by mark12 8 Replies latest jw friends

• mark12
    mark12

One time when I was a kid I had a lucid dream experience where I dreamed of talking to our lord, obviously I know that its all in my head but the experience was so powerful its stuck with me and i still think about it, Since ive tried to build a dream inducing machine but i wasn't able to so I just bought one: I got mine at www.theDreamQ.com, I dont know of they're available elsewhere. I have them all the time now and I just wanted to share this, you all should know that lucid dreaming is a religious experience thats not comparable, really,,, Peace All

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    talking to our lord,

not mine!

Welcome to the board...

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey mark, welcome to the board!

that's interesting. i would like to look into that. scientists say that these sorts of lucid dreams are caused by the parietal lobe kind of shutting off, and the temporal lobes going into full steam. does it get into that at all?

• melmoth
    melmoth

There was an interesting and lengthy article about lucid dreaming in the NY Times Sunday magazine not long ago. As I recall, basically it is a dream state in which you are between sleep and consciousness, and able to direct the content or 'script' of your dream as you wish.
    Not surprisingly, many devotees use it to orchestrate sexual fantasies, since the dreams are as vivid as 'reality' if not more so. I guess you could commune with the invisible sky-god too, if you wanted to.
    As for the start of this thread, since it's his first post I'd guess he's just here to plug the website mentioned. But it's still an interesting topic.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

You don't need a machine to have lucid dreams. You only have to have awareness; awareness that you are awake, awareness that you are dreaming.

As a child, I used lucid dreams to help me stop wetting the bed. I guess I still use it for that now. Lucid dreams of a sexual nature can be pretty intense, but I don't deliberatly go there. (I think?)

I do know (believe?) that I am a stronger person in my dreams, I even look different.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Hi mark.. I don't need a dream machine,,, I always dream long technicolour dreams...they are best after eating chocolate or ice cream before sleeping.... although last nite,,,,,, I had a nitemare... I dreamt I was a JW again.... out in field service..placing lots of mags and books... shudder.... must have ate something really wrong last nite :)

• Es
    Es

Hi and welcome to the board :) i love the whole idea of lucid dreams :) es

• orion
    orion

i've had dreams where i'm surounded by JW's that I knew including my mother and i'm crying asking them "can't you see how they are lieing to you and misleading you " .....anyway its intense. ....I had some really strange dreams when I was preggers..

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome Mark - that's fascinating - how does the Dream-Q thing work? Where do you go on your lucid nights? I have heard that lucid dreaming can be ''taught'' using 'triggers' while conscious.

As an infrequent lucid dreamer myself, I do find this quite fascinating. The last (lucid) dream I had was over a week ago. It's very difficult to try to explain to someone who has never experienced one. It is believed (amongst some) that lucid dreaming is a form of OBE (out of body experience) - and that is certainly the feeling.

About a year ago I had a series of these dreams during the same week. Upon waking after the first one, I was on a high all day. A few days later, in my dream, I opened a door into a crowded room, and thought, ''oh no, not another lucid'' - turned round and shut the door and walked out of it - I was actually getting exhausted.

Have fun on your nightly excursions - maybe we can meet sometime? lol

PS - ever read the book, ''Nobody True''?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit