A Fun Excercise

by MrMoe 9 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Ahhh, the book of Revelations, how complex it is. I have a wonderful exercise that really helps me and is a lot of fun. First pray to Jehovah for understanding and to make your eyes see. Next, read Revelation 22:16 and note it is Jesus speaking in the last chapter of Revelation. Now, scroll up verse 13 and read straight through verse 16 without stopping. Did you see what I saw? Now note, Jesus sent his angel to bear witness and recall what was said in verse 13. Is that not an interesting excercise! Thought it was fun and I should share. :)

Your Brother Moe

• sta86ng
    sta86ng

Thats neet have 2 use it on a few of my friends and see what they say. Black and white all other sript. in NWT say Jehovah is Alpha and Omeg don;t they? and look at this, Jesus is and he sent his angel to bear witness, is that Jesus as the messiah? anyhow good point 2 argue with. thanks moe.

LJ

• qwerty
    qwerty

Thanks Moe
    Good way of reasoning on the Alpha and Omega.

The rest of the verses are interesting too!

12. "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
    13. "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.''
    14. Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.
    15. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
    16. "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.''
    17. And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!'' And let him who hears say, "Come!'' And let him who thirsts come. And whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.
    18. For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
    19. and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
    20. He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly.'' Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
    21. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

What have the WTS done in the Revelation Climax book?!

qwerty.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

The Alpha nad the Omega was what I was taught as a JW was God Jehovah, so htis brought a whole new outlook for me, when I finished reading the bible! What a true Revelation and reward! And the point of Jesus sending an angel as a witness leads me to believe... So are the other parts of the bible that say Jehovah is the Alpha and the Omega suposed to read as such and verify the trinity once and for all, or was the bible altered and the last chapter accidentally left out? Either way, this scripture is what made me see the error of my ways.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Moe

I tried it out on my wife last night (no, don't be rude!).
    Guess she was sleepy at the time but she did say it was talking about Jesus. Then I showed her in the Revelation Climax book what bit said.......

*** re 316-7 Revelation and You ***
    6 Jehovah, the King of eternity, now addresses readers of Revelation for the last time in the prophecy, saying: “Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Happy are those who wash their robes, that the authority to go to the trees of life may be theirs and that they may gain entrance into the city by its gates. Outside are the dogs and those who practice spiritism and the fornicators and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone liking and carrying on a lie.”—Revelation 22:12-15.

7 Once again, Jehovah God emphasizes his eternal sovereignty and the fact that what he first purposes he will at last perform. He is “coming quickly” to execute judgment and will reward those earnestly seeking him. (Hebrews 11:6) His standards determine who will be rewarded and who will be rejected. The clergy of Christendom have acted like “speechless dogs,” winking at the vices that Jehovah here describes. (Isaiah 56:10-12; see also Deuteronomy 23:18, New World Translation Reference Bible, footnote.) Certainly, they have ‘liked and carried on’ lying doctrines and dogmas and have totally ignored the counsel of Jesus to the seven congregations. Hence, they have no share in New Jerusalem.

9 After Jehovah, Jesus speaks. He addresses words of encouragement to righthearted ones who read Revelation, saying: “I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you people of these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright morning star.” (Revelation 22:16) Yes, these words are primarily “for the congregations.” This is a message, first of all, for the congregation of anointed Christians on earth. Everything in Revelation is addressed primarily to anointed Christians, who will inhabit New Jerusalem. Through that congregation, the great crowd is also privileged to gain understanding of these precious prophetic truths.—John 17:18-21.

I carn't believe I didn't question this before!
    I thought the wife would have had her eyes open, even just a little. She came up with the usual Borg talk, "they will have interpreted it that way for good reason". I told her there is more on this subject too. Well as a big UK food chains motto say's "Every Little Helps", I will keep working on her.

qwerty

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The introduction of Revelation reads: "A revelation by Jesus Christ which God gave him to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place." -Revelation 1:1(NWT)

Therefore the Revelation-Climax book's comments on page 316 paragraph 6 "Jehovah, the King of eternity, now addresses readers of Revelation for the last time in the prophecy" are inconsistent at best.

BTW Qwerty and MrMoe, glad you've reached this conclusion, along with passing it on to your wives. Keep it up!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"There are two ways of moving men, interest and fear" Napoleon

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

qwerty,

Show your wife this in the NWT Reference Bible.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify Christ as Lord* in your hearts...

Notice the asterix after Lord. Look at the reference at the bottom of the page for that verse with the asterix. It says "the Lord God" "Jehovah God."

Also, read 1 Thessalonians 4:16 because the Lord* himself will decend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangles voice and with God's trumpet...

See the reference for the word Lord with the asterix* on the bottom of the page. Ask your wife if it is Jehovah decending or Jesus?

• qwerty
    qwerty

Thanks Scorpion,

I Will.

qwerty

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I am glad it helped and although your wife did not see it, did you show by directly reading from the Revelation book? Although, a true JW is not to question the Governing Body or WTBS, the more direct conflicting eveidence the better. I am right now in the middle of some heavy research and trying to find anything I can that is conflicting and as I find them I will post it. Just look at the new Watchtower (got it in the mail yesterday and read it more now than when I as a JW) and I thought it was really interesting how it said all other religions cause divisions! What a crock, they have divided many homes and friends, trust me on this one, it is really hard to be thought as dead by people you love. How is that for brotherly love?! The JW's hate the Catholics for being wrong in the past, but look at them! I will keep you posted. :)

• JH
    JH

When I read Revelation, Jesus seems to be saying he is the Alpha and Omega.

Are the witnesses wrong on this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit