Jehovah is standing by to prove satan a liar.

by cab1000 5 Replies latest jw friends

• cab1000
    cab1000

I was trying to think the way the witneses do...I thought I would make up a story to help them see that what they belive is twisted. As I wrote the story, it began to make sence to me. Boy, do I need help! Here is the story, and I welcome any input and thoughts.

John has two kids, Betty and George. John (Jehovah) and Mr. Jones (Satan) have a debate of who can raise (rule) John's kids (humankind) better. Mr. Jones (Satan) claims that he can do the best job of it. John (Jehovah) denies this claim, but allows Mr. Jones (Satan) to go ahead and give it a try. This way, John (Jehovah) can allow Mr. Jones (Satan) to prove to his kids (Humankind) that he is unable to raise (rule) them properly. Mr. Jones (Satan) takes control of the children (humankind), and kills Betty (part of humankind), then beats (sickness, problems) George (part of humankind) every day. Meanwhile, John (Jehovah) stands by, allowing this to happen, right in front of him. John (Jehovah) has more power and could stop this at any time, but decides that it is better to prove his point. John (Jehovah) has the power to resurrect George (humankind), so although he does not like the fact that his kids are suffering, he allows it to prove his rulership. Finally, after some time has passed, Betty (humankind) is dead, and George is on the verge of death in the hospital. John decides to step in. John (Jehovah) resurrects Betty (humankind) and heals George. All is well again. Betty and George went through quite an ordeal, but again, it was worth it, because now we know who can raise them better. In fact, Betty and George are happier now, without Mr. Jones around.

This is how the witnesses see it, right? My initial thinking was that it is wrong for god to allow everyone to suffer to prove that he is the proper ruler. But, maybe, just mabye they have a point. Help!

~cab

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

Dog is omnimax . he need not prove anything to us or satan . he should have just killed satan on the spot, and any others who wanted to do what he did. after all, that's how he deals on other occasions.

it doesn't matter what excuse jehovah gives us for suffering, it is morally repugnant that he let's it continue, tallying up the suffering for a future day when he will hand out compensation and recompense.

and in the end, it still doesn't prove that this guy ( jehovah ) is fit to rule the universe. it just shows that he decided to use one opportunity to let satan run wild for several thousand years while he stood by and watched. in the end, this is ruling with an iron fist, not love. because he still knows, and has prophesied, that he will be victorious anyways. so it's not a real test. it's a sadistic game.

"The rational mind must inevitably reject this conclusion. As human beings, we know full well that some acts are wrong, and cannot be made right by fiat of any power. It is time to stop defending the indefensible. The Bible is morally flawed, a product of its times, and many of the acts it condones are unacceptable. Obedience to the cruel dictates of this book has kept humanity in the darkness for a long time. We do not need it anymore, and we should not be afraid to cast it down merely because we are fearful of what lies on the other side." -- Adam Marczyk
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think you got the story a bit wrong:

John has two kids, Betty and George. John (Jehovah) and Mr. Jones (Satan) have a debate of who can raise (rule) John's kids (humankind) better. Mr. Jones (Satan) claims that he can do the best job of it. John (Jehovah) denies this claim, but allows Mr. Jones (Satan) to go ahead and give it a try. This way, John (Jehovah) can allow Mr. Jones (Satan) to prove to his kids (Humankind) that he is unable to raise (rule) them properly. Mr. Jones (Satan) takes control of the children (humankind), and kills Betty (part of humankind), then beats (sickness, problems) George (part of humankind) every day. John (Jehover) is afraid that his children will do better than even himself, so he immediatly denies Betty and John access to any food or medical supplies and prevents Mr. Jones (Satan) from being able to provide any food or medical supplies. Meanwhile, John (Jehovah) stands by, allowing this to happen, right in front of him. his children to starve and contract a terminal desease.(Gen. 3:22-24) John (Jehovah) has more power and could stop this at any time could demonstrate humility and allow his children to grow and thrive without him, but decides that it is better to harm them and make them sick to save his ego from being hurt. John (Jehovah) has the power to resurrect George (humankind), so although he does not like the fact that his kids are suffering, he allows it to prove his rulership while intentionally depriving his children of food and needed medical supplies. Mr. Jones does all he can to help the children, but finds it impossible because of the restrictions imposed by John (Jehover) Finally, after some time has passed, Betty (humankind) is dead, and George is on the verge of death in the hospital. John decides to step in. John (Jehovah) resurrects Betty (humankind) and heals George. All is well again. Betty and George went through quite an ordeal, but again, it was worth it, because now we know who can raise them better. In fact, Betty and George are happier now that John has stopped starving and denying them medical care. , without Mr. Jones around.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

The entire scenario is utterly ridiculous.

However, it kind of makes sense when we embrace religions insanity, and drastically shrink and reduce our INFINITE Source and Sustenance (God) down to a itty bitty entity like any other infinitesimal phenomenal speck. Then the little elfin deities have to fight it out to see who is better.

Gawd, religion and their "holy" books suck. But I guess they fill the need of moronic little gods for all the little minds.

j

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

JT

Then the little elfin deities, have to fight it out to see who is better.
    Gawd, religion and their "holy" books suck. But I guess they fill the need of moronic little gods for all the little minds.

LOLI was thinking of the toy they had when i was a kid called the "Rockem Sockem Robot Fighters" or some such name, where they are each trying to knock each others block off.

• cab1000
    cab1000

yes, thanks...

I think it is a good explanation of the belief..but...you would then have to believe the bible too....

...God should have just killed Satan right away....yes..just like he did other bad people in the bible...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit