Temoins de Jehovah on french TV

by Celia 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Celia
    Celia

Wow ! I can' believe this. I am in France and right now the JW are having their summer assemblies all over the country. Tonight on 2 national TV channels during the news there was a segment on them and these assemblies. They complain about the way France is treating them, that this country won't recognize them as a "religion". One "elder" type was interviewed, he had two small kids ; he was asked about the blood transfusion issue, and of course he said that Jehovah forbids it and he wouldn't change his mind even if his kids were involved... sickening. They showed a few baptisms in the pool.
    An ex-Witness talked, and said that on the surface TJ look like wonderful, loving people. But behind the scenes they have the same problems as anybody else, and everything is taken care of internally, with judicial comitees, and one of the reason he left was that he discovered that pedophilia was happening among the loving brothers and it was hidden from the public.
    250,000 JW in France, they said ! I thought it was only 120,000 !
    When will people see the light ?????

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I think it's great that the EX-JW got airtime about WHY he left. Woohoo! Little victories...I think we need more stories like that to get airtime.

Billygoat - still waiting impatiently for Dateline

• Celia
    Celia

Again, from France...
    Today in the local newspaper, a short article about the assemblies of the JWs in France.
    Apparently, they're having assemblies in only 3 places in this country this year. Last year they had them in 20 places !
    The number 250.000 they like to name is apparently members and interested ones, not all members.
    The numbers are going down, but they lie about it.

• CordeDeVelour
    CordeDeVelour

ok, since that in France the WT's numbers of new recruits have been plunging downward fast and hard they decided to gather together all the JWs in only 3 cities instead of the usual 20 or so ( there's power in numbers - all that for little good JW to fall in awe saying "Wow, we're many"). My brother who's still a JW -with his wife- went to the one in Villepinte, Paris. I'm trying to keep my mouth shut here so they'll keep on talking to me even though I'm not a JW anymore.

Here are the numbers for that weekend:

Villepinte

Audience:

Saturday morning: 94787
    Saturday afternoon: 93 763

Sunday morning: 98 200
    Sunday afternoon: 98 200

08/05/01:

Villepinte 98 200
    Lyon 39 559
    Bordeaux 21 5914

Number of baptisms - Villepinte : 975

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Who knows Celia? Probably all the Witnesses will leave and you might be one later. Good luck sis!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit