to those who cared to care

by colorado5591 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

This dangie would not let me post to the original thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/93704/1.ashx

thank you all for letting me vent and offering me words of humor and encouragement. My poor (never been a dub)husband does not truly know the mental and emotional havoc wreaked upon us all so his comfort is somewhat limited. What's so cool is that you all have a real understanding of how it feels.

• talesin
    talesin

I had missed that thread the 1st time round,,, so, things changed and you got to go. My mother has 'adopted' two new JW grown 'daughters' ,, to replace me, I guess. She also made a point of telling me that I was not invited to her 50th wedding anniversary, tho my 'worldly' wife-beater, cheating cousin was good enough to be there. I can't forgive her, much as I try (i'm not angry anymore, just ... indescribably wounded). It feels in my heart like my mother died a few years ago, and this woman I know was just my 'incubator'. It's the hardest thing .. to feel yr mother doesn't love you. :( Now, I realize that she never did, not in the real way of most moms.

I'm real happy things worked out better for you, and I hope your mom realizes how close she came to irreparably damaging your relationship. Maybe the two of you can talk about it at one point, so she knows how much she means to you ... and doesn't hurt you like this anymore.

tal

• luna2
    luna2

I'm so glad it worked out that you could go without a fuss.

I always think it's especially hypocritical when people (the elders and other dubs) refuse to go to the wedding but show up at the reception....I'm not talking about not being able to make the ceremony, I'm talking refusing to go because of their high and mighty conscience. Of course, maybe your mom didn't want them at the JP ceremony and so it's not really an issue...I like bashing the JW-way whenever I can these days, so I'm not always reasonable.

One thought I'm having is that it's interesting that your mom and new husband could sort of disobey the almighty elders in order to do what they wanted most, but had some difficulty defying them so that you could attend the original ceremony. You can tell that she's willing to thumb her nose at the "rules" to an extent, but like talesin said, maybe needs to be made aware that she almost hurt you terribly trying to appease a bunch of guys who, at the last minute, decided they should have even more control over her life.

Anyhoo, I'm happy the situation got resolved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit