I got "Downsized"

by CoonDawg 7 Replies latest jw friends

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Well, thanks to this booming economy....and GW's crappy budget cuts...I was informed today that I could stay on part time...or pursue other opportunities. This bites the big one!

However....I immediately got an interview with another company. Things look good and I will probably have a more stable job as well as better benefits.

My Commercial driver's license is like an ATM card....it's good at 100,000 locations nation wide.

The best part is I may get hired there...but I'll probably take at least one....maybe two other drivers with me. What a great F-YOU to my old employer.

Ern

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Sorry to hear about this. I would imagine it's a bit of a shock to the system.
    I truly hope things go well with the other company and, hey, take a few people with you... You might be doing everyone a favor!!

Best wishes,
    -Aude.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

sorry to hear that, CoonDog. I guess that even trucking jobs are not safe right now.

Here's hoping you land on your feet and in a better job.

J

• greendawn
    greendawn

I hope this will turn out for the better with the new job so that you will be glad that you left the first job.

• potleg
    potleg

Sounds like this is a case of "Take this job and shove it"...I've got a feeling you'll come out on top. Good luck.

• Undecided
    Undecided

If you are a truck driver you can find a job here. They have signs all over town wanting truck drivers. There are several trucking companys in town.

Ken P.

• Es
    Es

That suxs! hope everything turns out for the best es

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

That sux CD, good thing there's lots of options for you. I know that myself with my trucking licence.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit