Reverse Paranoia

by Farkel 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

Jehovah's Witnesses have a kind of reverse paranoia: they believe everyone else is out there and that Satan is out there and Satan's minions are out there with only one goal in mind: to make dubs be happy. It scares the heck out of them and they're afraid someone might actually succeed!

Farkel

• daystar
    daystar

Perhaps I don't understand what you're saying. You think that JWs believe that Satan, Satan's minions and everyone else are "out there" to make JWs be happy? Please explain.

• Honesty
    Honesty

*** Rbi8 Romans 12:10-11 ***
    11 Do not loiter at YOUR business. Be aglow with the spirit. Slave for Jehovah.

*** Rbi8 Romans 4:6-8 ***
    7 “Happy are those whose lawless deeds have been pardoned and whose sins have been covered; 8 happy is the man whose sin Jehovah will by no means take into account.”

*** Rbi8 1 Timothy 1:11 ***
    according to the glorious good news of the happy God, with which I was entrusted.

*** Rbi8 James 1:25 ***
    25 But he who peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and who persists in [it], this [man], because he has become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, will be happy in his doing [it].

*** Rbi8 Revelation 1:3 ***
    Happy is he who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and who observe the things written in it; for the appointed time is near.

*** Rbi8 Revelation 16:15 ***
    15 “Look! I am coming as a thief. Happy is the one that stays awake and keeps his outer garments, that he may not walk naked and people look upon his shamefulness.”

*** Rbi8 Revelation 22:13-15 ***
    14 Happy are those who wash their robes, that the authority [to go] to the trees of life may be theirs and that they may gain entrance into the city by its gates. 15 Outside are the dogs and those who practice spiritism and the fornicators and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone liking and carrying on a lie.’

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Please explain.

To a Dub, if you are happy, content and comfortable in life, you have succombed to the Debil and become part of his system of things.

J

• daystar
    daystar

That is what you say, but is not what Farkel appears to be saying, to me. Is Farkel saying that Satan and His followers are out there to make JWs happy within the Org? Or as you say, to tempt them into being happy in the World? I tend to be literal. :o

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Ok, Farkel. A little help then, Bud?

J

• tdogg
    tdogg

Ah, but we all know that happiness will not truly make us happy, only belief in what the GB say makes you happy, even if you are not happy you are because you are in the truth and that will make you happy, even if you are not.

ie: Satan will make you think you are happy but you arent; Jehovah will make you happy even if you don't think you are

• bother_forever
    bother_forever

Its a great point, who is making you happy? Jah or Satan? Are there any genuine happy JWs in the world, sure they say they are happy but under that "Kingdom smile" there seems to quite a high incidence of deppression among the throngs. But with such a state of conflict as to who is making them happy and whether or not they should be, its not supprising.

• jula71
    jula71

It's funny I just realized that, if you are happy and content, there's something wrong, spiritually with you. But if your miserable and struggling, you have a deeper kind of joy that a non-dub isn't supposed to understand. Pretty funny actually and at the same time sad...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit