Jesus sacrifice

by DannyBloem 1 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

The JW's make such a big deal about that jesus died for all mankind and that this was such a special act...

Anyway, there are a lot of people on earth who gave (or would give) there live for only one person. Who on earth would not give his/her life for billions of people. Especially if you 'wake-up' after 3 days and get a lot of special favours.

just don't get it

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Hi Danny

I'd have to agree with you. And sacrafice was only required bcause of rules that God put in place, after putting an artifical test in place for Adam & Eve, allowing Satan to trigger the "test" which they then failed.

For an allmighty being he doesn't seem to have a lot of control. He could have/should have stopped Satan in the garden of Eden. He could have /should have stopped the Angles who came down and mated with Woman - apparently against God will.

Anyway it appears God doesn't put much score on our lives. What about where God allowed Satan to torment Job, eventually wiping out his wife and children. I'm at the point where if God is as he is portrayed in the bible than he doesn't meet my imperfect human standards of ethics, love, or justice. And if we are supposed to be modelled on him, and hes supposed to be perfect then whats wrong with this picture?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit