I think they goofed

by joelbear 8 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

UN is 8th world power? Naaah, its not a world power, not even close. It has no power.

Babylon the Great has fallen? Naaaah, religion's influence over government and business is stronger than ever in history.

King of the North and South, Russia and US? Naaaaah, Russia is an also ran. How come they didn't predict the fall of the USSR. China will soon have an economy as big as the G8 all put together and military might to match, but China is never mentioned as being a factor in world affairs.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

For the next interpretation I vote: USA vs. China. And then after a while, China vs. India.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I can't remember where, but somewhere I read that within the next 50-100 years, India will be the most populous country in the world.

Kwin

• greendawn
    greendawn

A while back these Franz interpretations about the UN and the North /South kings seemed spot on just like the signs of the last generations but appearences with the JWs can be so deceptive they all proved wrong they were in fact clever trickery by F Franz the FDS. Good direction from god!

• bother_forever
    bother_forever

Could the European Union be the new "king Of the North" ready to do battle with "Opec" the new king of the south? And what I liked about "relegion falling" was that only the JWs would stand out and be noticed, even when all else is banned. Hello guys, what muslims are'nt devout? Hindu's are just going to give it all away? And as for the pope, well I'm just glad, that such loyal, humble, and worthy people are going to live forever in paradise.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

It's all a crock of BullSh*T!!! Might as well fart in the wind and try to predict the next hurricane.

• Poztate
    Poztate

How about when they lump together the U.S.A and G.B. as a "dual world power" Try explaining that one to George Bush ,Tony Blair or any of the citizens of those countries.

• proplog2
    proplog2

The Watchtower makes the mistake of thinking Babylon the Great is a religious entity.

The description of Babylon the Great (prostitute, use of spiritism) is similar to the description of Tyre and Ninevah which were political entitites.

Babylon the Great is mainly guilty of being filthy rich. The best candidate so far for Babylon the Great is the richest nation on earth - USA. It has emerged as the dominant world power - it sits on the whole earth including Britain.

The Bible DOES describe the fall of the Soviet Union, however the Watchtower missed it.

"And I saw one of its heads as though slaughtered to death, but its death-stroke got healed" Rev 13:3

Russia is DOWN but with thousands of REAL WMD pointed at the USA it is definitely not OUT

AND the USA is still pushing against Russia in the former Soviet Republics. The USA policy of containment of Russia continues.

The "idea" of the UN being the eighth world power is non-sense. Revelation 17:11 says that the eighth power is "one of" the seven and this parallels the head that got a death-stroke and was healed. F. Franz came up with the weird translation that says the eighth "springs from" the seven to suggest some kind of collective group of nations.

There is a lot more to this. If anyone is interested feel free to E-Mail me.

• kazar
    kazar

These were all very interesting posts. Proplog2, I am interested in what you posted; hoping to read more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit