My experience with the Jehovah's Witnesses

by woodfloorist 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• woodfloorist
    woodfloorist

I became interested in Jehovah's Witnesses when a friend invited me to a communion service at the Kingdom Hall. This was actually called the Memorial Service. Raised Lutheren, I was fascinated by the fact that most Jehovah's Witnesses are denied the honor of partaking of the elements. After 4 years of study I still can't understand the Scriptural basis for this. I took my study as far as being an unbaptised publisher and the UNANSWERED QUESTIONS far outweighed the answered questions. My story is on my webpage at http://woodfloorist.com/1/MyWitnessstory.html and is titled: My experience with the Jehovah's Witnesses. I am looking for places to put this URL where it would benifit others. My contact information is on the website. Feel free to post the url where you feel it would be appropriate. I do exchange links so let me know if you are interested in that as well.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's also a fact that those few jws partake only once a year of the emblems/elements whereas the early christians did so every week. What did you decide on the issue?

• watchtower_and_afake
    watchtower_and_afake

Im just glad you got out while the getting was good. Alot of people just get sucked into it and before you know it your (thouroughly)sp? indoctrinated, seperated from your "worldly" family and even if you decided to leave, you since gotten rid of all your old friends who are unbelivers replaced with ONLY Jehovahs Witness friends, and the thought that you would have to disassociate yourself from all your new found family and friends. This is how the shell game is played. -- thank God your out!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Congrats for not getting sucked into the JW collective.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Welcome to the site woodfloorist. Watchtower and afake- Welcome to you too!

(We seem to have a lot of new people on the site and i like to say hi to everyone, esp as im still quite new myself)

Unlike you woodfloorist, i was more or less brought up a witness- therefore very much a 'sheep', thus not asking enough questions, and/or trusting the FDS to get it right in the first place.

Im sure we all look forward to more of your posts and insight.

Paul

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Woodflorist, you were very lucky in escaping the noose.

BTW Welcome to the board.

DL76

• woodfloorist
    woodfloorist

Actually there wasn't anything to get sucked into for me. I made it a point to read Crisis of Conscience early on. I read every anti JW book I could find so I was getting a balanced amount of information. To me the "scriptural reasoning was my major problem" . It just didn't stand up under close examination.

Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in the physical resurrection of Jesus PERIOD! To me that means they are not Christians. Jehovists Yes! Jews Maybe! Christians NO! They claim Jesus decieved Thomas into thinking that he had physically returned from the dead. Can you imagine Jesus deceiving anyone about anything? I couldn't. What conclusion can I come to about anyone who suggests that he would or could. Who is the master of deception??

One of the hardest scriptures to "fit" into what they were publishing as "Truth" was John 2:19

Why did Jesus say "it"? What did he mean by "it" if not his body? What did he mean by "I"? If Jesus used "I" and committed Blashemphy then he was not a sacrifice without blemish as required in Leviticus 1:3 as well as other parts of Leviticus.

One of the most amazing things was when I was in the car to go publishing as an unbaptised publisher. While trying to decide where to publish one of the sisters suggested that they first stop by the house of someone she talking to about a Bible study. She said that she probably wasn't home but that would "Start Her Time". I was amazed!!! "Start Her Time"????? This sister was more concerned about being accountable to men in Brooklyn than being accountable to God. I am certain God wasn't fooled one bit.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    What did he mean by "it" if not his body?

It depends on what the definition of "it" is.

• woodfloorist
    woodfloorist

I would have to say John 2:21 is a pretty plain definition. Even in the New Word Translation. Or Even in the Interlineal. JWs hate it when you use the Internlineal. It seems that it's half Greek to them.

For example, one of the scriptural reasonings that is used to "prove" that there is only one Archangel is the word "arch" means Chief. However if you look in the interlineal where "cheif priests" appears you will clearly see that the same word in Greek that is translated as "arch" and "Cheif" are the same word and clearly the priests are more than one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit